USB TV tuner problems
Chrisva757

Started having a problem with mine.  It is a AVERtv Hybrid Volar Max USB Tv tuner hooked to a Windows 7 pro Desktop with Windows Media player.

I had NBC and then it said no tv signal when I tried to hit record, switched channels and NBC came back but no record.

Tried to rescan channels and now I am missing (Hampton Road Virginia is my location)

WVEC 13 which is ABC Channel 13

WGNT 27 which is The CW Channel 27

WAVY 10 which is NBC Channel 10

Went through to add channels and nothing listed after I went through all of them.

Checked for a new driver and I am already up to date. All coax cables are tight.  Restarted PC. Uninstalled and reinstalled Tuner. Currently in the process of hitting rescan channels every 10 minutes or so.

Just started happening 3 or so days ago.

Is Verizon encrypting Local Channels now also?

0 Likes
Re: USB TV tuner problems
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

No encryption.

Was it working and then stopped?

Or are you just trying it out?

If just trying it out, do you have an STB as well?

If so, try it on that connection to see if it works.

0 Likes
Chrisva757

Was working yes, Been recording for probably over a year with it, might be the tuner going.  All other channels are fine.  

Setup is like this.

One room has a splitter, coax in is attached to that, then has 4 coax's coming off, one to each tv and one that goes to usb tuner, which then connects to the pc.  

Has been recording just fine and now when it first started it said no signal for this program.  If I disconnect the coax it said no signal please install a tuner, when connected again it said no signal for program at this time.

So I uninstalled and started over, installed USB tuner, resetup signal and channels through windows media player and did channel scan.  Picked up all channels other than those 3, it's just weird.

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

See the threads about CCI flag.  Several people using non-Verizon tuners/recording devices have reported that the CCI flag (controls copying) is set to 3 on some NBC stations and this is a COPY NEVER which does not allow recording.  Some have regained recording by updating the resording device's firmware. 

0 Likes
Chrisva757

I keep checking but no firmware update, guess I will keep trying and try to find a streaming service till then.

0 Likes
Chrisva757

Rechecked driver again.  Is up to date still.  If I use Mediaportal NBC comes up but not in Windows media player.  I would use mediaportal but guides don't go forward enough in times.

0 Likes