Ultimate TV package question
Gulbane1
Enthusiast - Level 2
Hey all,

I just signed up for the Triple Play which i love... Err love too much I think. I already want to upgrade from the Extreme package (Showtime and TMC and IFC) to the Ultimate Package. Anyone know exactly what is added and how much it would cost? I can't find anything on the web site about the Ultimate package.

I know that Red Zone is included for "free" as part of the package but what else?

Thanks all!!
0 Likes
Re: Ultimate TV package question
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Go here:

http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/FiOSTV/Overview.htm#channels

Put in your zip code and location and it will display a channel list.    Those with a yellow dot after them are part of the base Extreme package while those with a red dot are part of the base Ultimate package.

0 Likes
andra

I did that and it does not show that starz is included with the ultimate package but just got off phone with verizon discussing packages and she said that starz is included  I live in Chesterfield Va so I am confuised about this could someone in my area that has the ultimate package tell me if they get starz with it.

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unless they are offering a special or something (sometimes they have special promotions or packages they offer) ... Starz and Encore are most definitely NOT included in the base Ultimate package.  

You can add them for $9.99/month (Ultimate Movies Package) which is a discounted rate from the regular Movies Package price of $15.99.     It does include Showtime, TMC, and Epix.

MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

Ultimate is generally 15 to 20 dollars more a month than Extreme, without factoring in any deals they may offer.  When they offered upgrade me to Ultimate from Extreme, it was about $15 more. 

Unless they are giving you some other channels, Ultimate has all the Showtime channels, the Movie Channel channels, Epix, and some additional sports channels like the Tennis Channel.  It also includes the NFL Redzone Channel.  Plus, if you had Extreme, you will get the Hallmark Movie Channel as for some reason that channel is only offered in Prime or Ultimate (why, I have no idea).

You just have to figure out if the $15 or so more a month is worth the channels.  For me, I wanted the Redzone Channel.  So I could either pay $15 a month for a total of $180 more a year, or just keep the Extreme Package and order the Redzone Channel separate for a one time $50 fee.

0 Likes