Unable to connect Media Client
bumblebri

Hello everyone, this is my last stop before making the phone call (which i just dread doing) to customer service. One day, the box in my room randomly cut off while i was watching a show and when it turned on again, I see the message "Welcome to Verizon FiOS TV. The set up process for your media client is about to begin....then there's a loading bar that always stops at 25% and it says 'We were unable to connect your Media Client". When I press 'A' for more information it takes me to a page that says Step 2: Software Download and its testing 2A MRL info and server identifier

I've googled it and no one seems to have experienced my exact issue. In the forums, its the same. I tried troubleshooting but there doesn't seem to be an option for it either, so I followed the fixes for an unresponsive box and a slow interactive media guide (essentially unplugging/turning it off for 10 secs). Neither worked.

The other 2 boxes in the house are working fine. Has anyone had this problem or know if there's a fix? Or will I just have to suck it up and get support out to the house?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unable to connect Media Client
Seeker1437
Community Leader
Community Leader

They are talking about the Media Client aka the IPC.

Sometimes there are things int he network that can interfer with the set up process.

Can you please:

1. Check if you have anything plugged into the LAN Ethernet ports on the back of your router (the Yellow Ports, ilistrated below) If you do, please unplug these connections for the duration of this operation. 
  2. Unplug the affected IPC from power
  3. With one hand plug the power cable back into the IPC and with the other hand press the Menu button on your remote as many times and as quickly as you can.
    • Note: You will know you are successful if you see the word "RUN" on the display of the STB, if you do not see this (you see the spinning line instead), start from step 2 (Unplugging the box) and try again.
  4. Use the Down arrow on the FiOS remote until you see the word "COLD"
  5. Press OK to begin the process.
    • Despite what the screen will say, the process can take up to 15 minutes until you can get to live TV.
    • During this step, the IPC may as you to name it
      • Using the list you can scroll down until you see a name for which room the box is in and press OK
    • During this step, the IPC ask if you'd like to import settings (I personally recommend skipping the settings import.)
      • You can choose to skip, or use the arrow keys to select an option and press OK
        • It can take a while for the box to continue after pressing OK, please be patient
  6. If when the box comes back it gets stuck in the same place please reply, otherwise, you are free to reconnect the cable we disconnected in step 1.

imageG1100 LAN Ethernet Ports

imageMI424WR LAN Ethernet Ports

View solution in original post

TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

“ the box in my room”

What Model Number?

Then Go here

https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/tv

Which leads you to here:

https://www.verizon.com/ForYourHome/VzRepair/VzIHA/Servicecad.aspx?ihaweb=FIX_STBREMOTE

Hope this gets to your solution.

Please let us know what you find out.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try putting the questionable box in place of one of the other boxes.

If t works there, then you have a coax issue.

If it doesn't. then the box itself has most probably failed.

You can reach out to support on twitter @verizonsupport as well.

Not quite instaneous, but no sitting on hold either.

Seeker1437
Community Leader
Community Leader

They are talking about the Media Client aka the IPC.

Sometimes there are things int he network that can interfer with the set up process.

Can you please:

1. Check if you have anything plugged into the LAN Ethernet ports on the back of your router (the Yellow Ports, ilistrated below) If you do, please unplug these connections for the duration of this operation. 
  2. Unplug the affected IPC from power
  3. With one hand plug the power cable back into the IPC and with the other hand press the Menu button on your remote as many times and as quickly as you can.
    • Note: You will know you are successful if you see the word "RUN" on the display of the STB, if you do not see this (you see the spinning line instead), start from step 2 (Unplugging the box) and try again.
  4. Use the Down arrow on the FiOS remote until you see the word "COLD"
  5. Press OK to begin the process.
    • Despite what the screen will say, the process can take up to 15 minutes until you can get to live TV.
    • During this step, the IPC may as you to name it
      • Using the list you can scroll down until you see a name for which room the box is in and press OK
    • During this step, the IPC ask if you'd like to import settings (I personally recommend skipping the settings import.)
      • You can choose to skip, or use the arrow keys to select an option and press OK
        • It can take a while for the box to continue after pressing OK, please be patient
  6. If when the box comes back it gets stuck in the same place please reply, otherwise, you are free to reconnect the cable we disconnected in step 1.

imageG1100 LAN Ethernet Ports

imageMI424WR LAN Ethernet Ports

littlepigs99

thanks Seeker1437 your solution worked!

0 Likes
kenshane1

Thanks Seeker. That worked for me.

0 Likes
Ron310
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had this EXACT problem & was unable to find a solution anywhere else on the Internet than this post. Thanks Seeker1437, your solution worked!

0 Likes
Mpg31

I tried the steps but still continue to get stuck at 40%.  Help please

0 Likes
Joeflaherty1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I followed the directions all the way til I got to 50% mark and wouldnt go any further with an 8305 error code (key registration not successful). I also received a coax error code (6203). I disconnected thecoax from the back of the box (it was on tight) which pulled the box off the network. When I reattached the coax cable, the box finished the set-up and it went to live tv. 

0 Likes
DAG3

Worked for Error 11011 !  Thanks.  Took a few more twists and turns than you describe but maybe due to my not having the TV on until 15 minutes through the process?

0 Likes