Unable to play selected program. Please try again later. Verizon Fios Quantum
Rick5472
Contributor - Level 2

I have upgraded to Verizon Quantum (could have been a mistake) and have been having latency problems on my 4 TV sets.  But that is not all.   I've also had a tech out and he replaced my splitter with a MOCA 2.0.  Not much improvement.  My latest problem is trying to play back a recording.  I am receiving an error message stating "Unable to play selected program. Please try again later."  Later...when??  I called Verizon and they did the famous re-starts but still the same error.  After being on hold for several minutes, the rep said just so that this doesn't happen again, they are sending me a new server.  This will be the third server box I  have received in about 2 weeks. There must be a better way to solve these problems with Quantum.  The hard drives on this equipment bust be very sensitive or very bad.  I can't believe that these boxes go bad that quick.    Does anyone else have this problem in the Baltimore area?  Thanks for any info and letting me vent.

0 Likes
Re: Unable to play selected program. Please try again later. Verizon Fios Quantum
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

What is the model number of your router?

0 Likes
Re: Unable to play selected program. Please try again later. Verizon Fios Quantum
Rick5472
Contributor - Level 2

It is the new Gateway router from Verizon.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I am in Baltimore area and haven't had an issue in over a year since getting Quantum.

Do you get this message when trying to play directly on the VMS?

Does it happen on all recordings or just some?

0 Likes
Rick5472
Contributor - Level 2

I ended up getting a new VMS box as the rep thought that the HDD was going.  I am still having latency issues with the remotes and the TV displays.  Also there still are times when the signal freezes for a second along with the sound but resumes.  The Techs have replaced my splitter and these problems continue.

0 Likes
summars
I have been getting same verizon error for over a year and I am just about ready to cacel my subscription 1 year early. This is not worth the high cost. On 4 ocassions, 90% of all recordings were corrupted and unrecoverable. Verizon Telephone tech support and online chat was abysmal:
Error:
Unable to play the selected program. Please try again later.
0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi summars,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
rsteve23

I am having a terrible expirience with my DVR and this same issue "Unable to play selected program. Please try again later."  I just got my service 2 days ago and already this has happened to 7 of my recorded shows. I contacted Tech support and spoke an idiot who had me power cycle my DVR 3 different ways thinking that whould fix the issue. C'mon like I didn't try that 5 times already before calling. When I told her I had enough  that I wantned to talk to level 2 support she said she was contacting  the Video Tech Team. It was so obviously that it was VIA some sort of chat because I can tell she was typing and  was reading somthing and she told me this is a known issue and that they are working on it and it is not only me but verizon wide. Thats all she can tell me. I don't know if this is true or not. But Verizon has 5 days to fix this or I am canceling and this is before I am locked into my 2 year contract..   NOT worth saving 30 bucks for poor product that only works sometimes and even poorer support..

0 Likes
Branch1
Enthusiast - Level 3

@rsteve23 wrote:

this is a known issue and that they are working on it and it is not only me but verizon wide. Thats all she can tell me. I don't know if this is true or not. 

Unfortunetely, it was, however it was supposedly fixed in the latest update, APR 3.0.2. Are you still having this issue?

0 Likes