Universal Remote not working so well - Socumentation is lousy
rss245
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got a Verizon Universal Remote but it has lousy documentation. For example I could get the TV to work pretty well but my combination DVD / VCR player does not work so well. There is no plan on how the remote buttons should work

for example on my Toshiba DVD/VCR player no buttons are indicated that switch between DVD/ and VCR players

I had to use the Toshiba remote for that purpose

So far DVD works via pressing the Info button which brings up a chapter selection and verious settings and the okay and arrow buttons appear to work but it is unclear if and what should be pressed to switch between DVD and VCR and the info button does not work the same when the Toshiba remote  info button is pressed while in VCR play mode.

There is no way to press a button to get a normal dvd menu either only the cryptic info button based menu works.

As for the Audio - No instructions as which mode button should be associated with the volume and soundbar settings.

Also the Roku device is not easily programmed either

Any help on this would be great!!

0 Likes
Re: Universal Remote not working so well - Socumentation is lousy
rss245
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also I could not get the DVD chapter menu to truly work either. I had to use the cryptic info button based menu. Not ideal and as I said before  no details how to get the roku device to work via computer input all I can do is select input it appears

0 Likes
Re: Universal Remote not working so well - Socumentation is lousy
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's why they switched to the 2 button remote.

Too many newer devices to keep up with codes.

And it was confusing to some.

A harmony remote or the like is best if you really want a universal remote.

0 Likes