Universal Sports ? Remove the rest also and lower my bundle prices.
prisaz
Legend

Dear Customer:

At Verizon, we strive hard to provide you with the best experience by keeping you informed of programming and content-related changes that occur on our network.

On or after January 1, 2012, Universal Sports will no longer carry content through your local broadcaster on Channel WRC - 464.

This change was not initiated by Verizon. Instead, Universal Sports has decided not to renew their agreement with local providers to carry this content.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. 

Thank you for being a loyal FiOS® customer.

Sincerely,

Verizon

Put it all in a seperate bundle, and lower my cost for Extreme, or Ultimate! Your choice or not.

0 Likes
Re: Universal Sports ? Remove the rest also and lower my bundle prices.
UnnDunn
Contributor - Level 3

Fairly certain that Verizon was not paying to carry Universal Sports, since it was an OTA channel and likely carried under federal must-carry rules.

0 Likes
Re: Universal Sports ? Remove the rest also and lower my bundle prices.
prisaz
Legend

@UnnDunn wrote:

Fairly certain that Verizon was not paying to carry Universal Sports, since it was an OTA channel and likely carried under federal must-carry rules.

I agree they were not paying for it, but I would like to see things go back to 2010 Extreme, where the cost is lower, and you just pay the $9.99 for the sports if you want them. Also have the same option with Ultimate. It would give use more control of our cost and what some of us don't want to watch. I know it is Verizon's way and the providers way to lump channels together so you must pay for what you don't want.

0 Likes