Upgrading STB
spotsydavis
Enthusiast - Level 3

I upgraded my DVR a few months ago to a Motorola 7232. I have a secondary STB in my basement (6200).. How do I upgrade just the STB to something like Motorola 7XXX or a Cisco box so that I can see 1.9 in all its glory? 1.9 looks great on my new DVR  (full screen) but still looks crappy on my STB downstairs.....

0 Likes
Re: Upgrading STB
prisaz
Legend

@spotsydavis wrote:

I upgraded my DVR a few months ago to a Motorola 7232. I have a secondary STB in my basement (6200).. How do I upgrade just the STB to something like Motorola 7XXX or a Cisco box so that I can see 1.9 in all its glory? 1.9 looks great on my new DVR  (full screen) but still looks crappy on my STB downstairs.....

You can only have Motorola or Cisco, but not both Manufactures in the same home.

You may be able to contact tech support and explain to them that you are having picture issues, and you are also not able to display the HD guide. They may be able to send you a replacement, but they may want to transfer you to sales. Or if  you have a local Verizon FiOS retail store you may be able to do it there. Older QIP 7100  P1 with display and clock, or newer black 7100 P2 with no display or clock, but the P2 is smaller.

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSTV/Receivers/User+Guides/User+Guides.htm

0 Likes
spotsydavis
Enthusiast - Level 3
Thanks for the clarification on the boxes, Mark. Will I be charged $39.99 for the upgrade or is the fee waived if presented as a "technical" problem....
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@spotsydavis wrote:
Thanks for the clarification on the boxes, Mark. Will I be charged $39.99 for the upgrade or is the fee waived if presented as a "technical" problem....

The $39.95 was for the DVR upgrade to the 7232 with the additional 500GB storage. Upgrading to the 7216 or 7100 should not be charged. You may have issues finding or ordering the exact model. So that is why I suggested tech support to get one the supports the HD guide. Or a local Verizon FiOS store if you have one in your area.

Happy New Year

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Spotsydavis I have sent you a private message to get more information regrding your account.

0 Likes