Upset after getting old model 6416 DVR with new FIOS install
rml265
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had my new FIOS triple play installed this week.  The installer showed up with a refurb 6416 DVR rather than the current 7232 model.   I am apparently expected to pay the same price as those who have the 7232.   Storage capacity and external drive were key to my decision to switch to FIOS.   This is wildly unacceptable!  

After spending many hours calling various hotline numbers, being transferred dozens of times, calling every Verizon store in the state...  absolutely no progress.    I heard "we can't do anything" dozens of times.   

After complaining via one email address I found, I did receive a response from an escalation rep who said they would "check with the local garage".    That sounded promising.   I did appreciate the response, but no word back since then.   

This situation is insane.   Why must it be this difficult?    I am a few days into this so far... I guess I will be forced to cancel at some point if this does not get resolved.    Each day that goes by I will have to post more forum entries, send more emails, and make more phone calls.   

If a Verizon rep reads this... please help!!!      It is very nice that someone is checking a garage, but that alone does nothing for me.  I just need a 7232.

0 Likes
Re: Upset after getting old model 6416 DVR with new FIOS install
Photoflash1
Enthusiast - Level 3

If there's a Verizon FiOS store near you, try taking the box there.  Maybe you'll meet a nice customer rep.

0 Likes
rml265
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the suggestion.  Many of the hotline reps mentioned that as well.   On the day of the install I called every Verizon store in the state that handled set top box exchanges.   Some said they did not have any.   Some said they don't do upgrades. 

Don't get me wrong...  all the reps have been very polite and nice so far.  I'm sure they are in a tough spot having to defend the policy of unloading these outdated units on new customers.    But I just need to find someone who can resolve the problem, rather than tell me I'm out of luck.

0 Likes
rml265
Enthusiast - Level 2

Got one!    I found a Verizon store that just got a delivery of a few 7232's yesterday.   It was a 3 hour drive,  but at least I have one now.