Use more than one remote
lrg1951

Can I use more than one FIOS 1 voice remote with my new verizon FIOS TV One STB?  Prefer to use two remotes for one box for convenince in my house.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Use more than one remote
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

The smart remotes that come with the Fios One boxes are blutooth based, so each remote pairs to its respective box. The box also still has an IR receiver, so you can still use an IR remote like one of the previous Verizon remotes, or an IR remote like a Logitech or other programmable IR remote. You wont get ALL the functionality, but most functions should work.

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@lrg1951 wrote:

Can I use more than one FIOS 1 voice remote with my new verizon FIOS TV One STB?  Prefer to use two remotes for one box for convenince in my house.

Not sure if you can pair two remotes at the same time to use blutooth. You can use a non blutooth remote and the Fios remote at the same time though. You would need either a Harmony or similar, or an older Verizon remote, and have line -of-sight to use it.

DMBR1

Verizon techs advised me that only one remote could be used on each Fios TV because the remote is specific to that TV?  I hope this answer is true?  Logitech Harmony seems like it might work?  Thanks

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

The smart remotes that come with the Fios One boxes are blutooth based, so each remote pairs to its respective box. The box also still has an IR receiver, so you can still use an IR remote like one of the previous Verizon remotes, or an IR remote like a Logitech or other programmable IR remote. You wont get ALL the functionality, but most functions should work.

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

By the way, Logitech has discontinued the Harmony remotes.  If you want one and can find one, buy it now.

They do say they will support them for some time, which is important as you need their internet servers to program the remote.  If you get one, program it right away.

Unfortunately, there aren't any other products on the market that combine the ease of use with a reasonable price point.  I guess no one cares much about universal remotes anymore; everyone wants an "app for that."