Using iPad as Remote
FMB10507
Hello,

I recently moved into an old stone home with thick internal walls and lots of plaster. In other words it's a mess for wifi and re wiring / cabling is quite difficult.

The previous owner had a complex set up with a central media server with Ethernet and component cables extending through the house. I set up a wireless mesh network throughout the house that works well.

I just set up fios TV by putting the Set Top Boxes in the media closet and was planning to use the mobile app to control them.

Sadly, when I connect to my network I can't use the app as a remote. That only works when I connect directly to the Fios router which doesn't reach any of the TV's.

Is there a way around this? will I have to run IR to the TV's?
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Using iPad as Remote
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

For FIOS app to work as a remote, you have to have your app on the same subnet as the STBs.

What can happen when people put in additional routers is that each router creates its own subnet.

So you need to modify your setup so that regardless of what rotuer you connect to, you are on the same subnet as the STBs.

Generically the way to do that is to connect your feed back to the FIOS router to a lan port on they additional rotuer.

Turn off DHCP in that router.

Should put it on the same subnet.

But as router models are sometimes different, YMMV.

0 Likes