VERIZON REMOVES CBS, FOX (WBOC) FROM DELMARVA TV LINEUP
HAM12
Enthusiast - Level 1

WITHOUT NOTICE, VERIZON HAS REMOVED CBS, FOX AND ANTENNA TV FROM DELMARVA LINEUP.  NO FOOTBALL GAMES, NO SUBSTITUE MARKET OFFERED TO PAYING CUSTOMERS FOR THIS BASIC CABLE SERVICE.  NEED VERIZON TO WORK THIS OUT WITH WBOC AS WBOC HAS BEEN ABLE TO NEGOTIATE WITH ALL OTHER MEDIA PROVIDERS TO SERVICE THIS MARKET.  ANGRY CUSTOMERS HERE TODAY, THAT WILL BE FORMER CUSTOMERS IF NOT CORRECTED QUICKLY.  CAN'T EVEN GET A PERSON TO DISCUSS WITH AT VERIZON.  EITHER PROVIDE CBS, FOX TO DELMARVA CUSTOMERS THRU WBOC, OR GIVE US PHILADELPHIA MARKET FEED, AS WE ARE PAYING FOR THESE STATIONS.

Re: VERIZON REMOVES CBS, FOX (WBOC) FROM DELMARVA TV LINEUP
Jude15

Really, I was just informed a couple of weeks ago that my plan will be going up $40 and now I cannot receive CBS on my TV due to pettiness on Verizon's part.  Before this happened, Verizon should have had a back up plan such as a feed from Philly.  Once again, just another reason that Verizon does not care about its customers, only the bottom line.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Another example of fee dispute between a cable provider and a content provider.

Are you equally complaining to wboc as they are the other part of the dispute?

I would be they have had crawls on the channel informjng viewers of the potential loss of channels.

And FCC limits what channels can be carried in which areas. Noir to mention connectivity required which isn't cheap. So Verizon, just like oither providers, just can't switch to anoither feed. Content providers know that and use that as leverage when asking for higher fees.

As for your plan going up, is this because you are out of contract. Or were new fees being added?

0 Likes
Mac110

I agree give us Philadelphia Fox since we are paying for this anyway. We have many Phildelphia people who live on Eastern Shore.  If we don not get something quickly then I will  change from FIOS which I do not wish to do.

@HAM1 wrote:

WITHOUT NOTICE, VERIZON HAS REMOVED CBS, FOX AND ANTENNA TV FROM DELMARVA LINEUP.  NO FOOTBALL GAMES, NO SUBSTITUE MARKET OFFERED TO PAYING CUSTOMERS FOR THIS BASIC CABLE SERVICE.  NEED VERIZON TO WORK THIS OUT WITH WBOC AS WBOC HAS BEEN ABLE TO NEGOTIATE WITH ALL OTHER MEDIA PROVIDERS TO SERVICE THIS MARKET.  ANGRY CUSTOMERS HERE TODAY, THAT WILL BE FORMER CUSTOMERS IF NOT CORRECTED QUICKLY.  CAN'T EVEN GET A PERSON TO DISCUSS WITH AT VERIZON.  EITHER PROVIDE CBS, FOX TO DELMARVA CUSTOMERS THRU WBOC, OR GIVE US PHILADELPHIA MARKET FEED, AS WE ARE PAYING FOR THESE STATIONS.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Keep in mind that if you switch and are under contract, you will still be required to pay ETF.

Contract covers Verizon (and any other provider) in this case.

It is not cause to break contract.

0 Likes
fios dropped wboc
EToomey
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon FiOS dropped WBOC-TV, FOX21 and WBOC Classics from its channel lineup in Sussex and Kent Counties in Delaware. This impacts roughly 18,500 subscribers who pay Verizon to receive the same programming ..why? we want our stations back

EToomey
Enthusiast - Level 2

BOYCOTT VERIZON .. WE ARE ABOUT TO CANCEL OUR TWO YEAR BECAUSE OF THIS..THEY ARE NOT GIVING US WHAT WE PAY FOR OR SIGNED UP TO..WE HAVE HAD ENOUGH.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you complained to WBOC?

They are a partner in this as well.

It is due to fact that Verizon and WBOC can't agree on a fair price.

We don't know if WBOC has asked for double or triple what Verizon was paying before or Verizon is wanting to pay less than what they pay today.

And no guarantee that if you change providers, they may have the same issue when their contract is up.

If you want these forums, people are periodically posting that their local channel is being pulled for the same reason.

And I see it on my local channels when they have disputes with other providers.

0 Likes
WBOC TV
mangoman66

Dear CBS,

Not only did you cancel my favorite show, "Person of Interest," you have now dropped our local CBS affiliate from the cable lineup stating that they are asking for a %175 increase.  WBOC disputes that fact. I hope that you can resume negotiations in good faith.

0 Likes
Removing CBS and Fox from our subscription
0neSadCustomer

Verizon has removed two major channels from our subscription...unfortunately we live in Southern Delaware so we do not live near a large city so we have other options.  This is ridiculous.  A Verizon rep said if we have these two channels it will raise our rate 150 percent.   I find that statement hard to believe.  

0 Likes