VMS1100 DVR Sudden No/Slow Response (Lag) using Remote
jk1038
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yesterday, suddenly the VMS1100 DVR (Quantum) started acting weird and would not respond to the remote control, or it took many tries, making it almost unuseable.  I've had the DVR for about 3 months with no issues. I changed the batteries in the remote with no improvement.  I tried using a new remote with new batteries.  I tried getting really close to the DVR.  I unpluged the DVR to force a reboot.  Nothing helped.  It is interesting when using the IPC1100 client to access the DVR content, everything works normally.  I've searched everywhere and I did notice that this is a common problem that has been going on for years without a solution that I could find. Do I need a new VMS1000 box?  Any other suggestions? I would call Verizon, but I usually don't get much help. 

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: VMS1100 DVR Sudden No/Slow Response (Lag) using Remote
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

In the interim, you can use the remote function of the Fios Mobile app to control DVR.

It uses Wifi not IR.

View solution in original post

jk1038
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called verizon support and he reactivated the DVR and it is still not responding at all to the remote.  He thinks the IR sensor is bad and I need to replace the DVR. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

In the interim, you can use the remote function of the Fios Mobile app to control DVR.

It uses Wifi not IR.

jk1038
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had not thought of using the app.  Great idea.  I replaced the unit and it is working fine.  Thank you

0 Likes
Izzy451

Not working 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes