VMS1100 stopped responding to OK button
eamck
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just last night, our STB (VMS1100) stopped responding to the OK button on the remote.  We have the original Fios remote and also a Logitech Harmony One, and the same thing happens when pressing OK on either remote:  The STB red light blinks, indicating it has received the command, but then the STB never performs the OK action appropriate to the context.

Rebooting the STB doesn't fix the problem.  Also, my husband mentioned that when he rebooted the box he briefly saw "d01 E00" on the STB display.

I have seen other threads in this forum on the topic, but they are all pretty old.  Has anyone else had this trouble lately?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: VMS1100 stopped responding to OK button
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@eamck wrote:

Just last night, our STB (VMS1100) stopped responding to the OK button on the remote.  We have the original Fios remote and also a Logitech Harmony One, and the same thing happens when pressing OK on either remote:  The STB red light blinks, indicating it has received the command, but then the STB never performs the OK action appropriate to the context.

Rebooting the STB doesn't fix the problem.  Also, my husband mentioned that when he rebooted the box he briefly saw "d01 E00" on the STB display.

I have seen other threads in this forum on the topic, but they are all pretty old.  Has anyone else had this trouble lately?

Did he simply use the menu to reboot or did you unplug the power for 3 minutes or so, then plug it back in? Any new dimmable or fluorescent lights in the room?

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@eamck wrote:

Did he simply use the menu to reboot or did you unplug the power for 3 minutes or so, then plug it back in? Any new dimmable or fluorescent lights in the room?

whiteryder
eamck
Enthusiast - Level 2

No new lights in the room, but that's an interesting question I hadn't thought of!

He says he did not leave it off for 3 minutes, more like 15-20 seconds.  We will try leaving it off for longer and see if that helps.

Thanks!

Re: whiteryder
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@eamck wrote:

No new lights in the room, but that's an interesting question I hadn't thought of!

He says he did not leave it off for 3 minutes, more like 15-20 seconds.  We will try leaving it off for longer and see if that helps.

Thanks!

Not just turning it off, but unplugging the power. Turning it off won't do much of anything.

eamck
Enthusiast - Level 2

Understood. He's been unplugging it each time.

This time, though, he left it off a lot longer - guess some caps have to discharge or some such? And lo and behold, everything works now!  Much rejoicing.  🙂

So I guess we had the right strategy, just needed to do it more thoroughly. 

Thanks for your time! 

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@eamck wrote:

Understood. He's been unplugging it each time.

This time, though, he left it off a lot longer - guess some caps have to discharge or some such? And lo and behold, everything works now!  Much rejoicing.  🙂

So I guess we had the right strategy, just needed to do it more thoroughly. 

Thanks for your time! 

You hit the nail on the head. Several parts store a charge and you have to give them time to discharge before plugging back in. Glad you got it!

MwanaLesa
Enthusiast - Level 2

This just happened to me last night!  (Today is March 28, 2021.) What I realized was that there was an item sitting on top of my set top box that I had moved around yesterday and it was pressing a button on the top of the set top box that made the OK button not work at all.  (It was a very small DVD player. Don’t judge me for still having one. 😊) I pushed it all the way to the back of the set top box and miraculously it fixed the problem. 

I just wanted to share this solution as well just in case it helps someone else with this problem in 2027.