VOD movie resume starts at the beginning....
eljefe
Enthusiast - Level 3

We rented a VOD movie last night.  Half way through watching it we got a phone call so I paused the movie.  5 minutes or so after pausing a message came up saying the pause had timed out and live TV reappeared.   A few minutes later I went back to that movie in the VOD menu and clicked on "resume," only to have the movie start from the beginning.

For some reason, VOD movies will only let you fast forward at 2X real time so if you're an hour in to a movie and have to start over, it takes a long time to get back to where you were before you paused.

My question:  Is this a bug?  Shouldn't "resume" start the movie from where you paused or stopped it?   Or am I doing something wrong or somehow misunderstanding the resume feature?

0 Likes
Re: VOD movie resume starts at the beginning....
Stavros2

The same thing has been happening to me and it is very annoying.

0 Likes
eljefe
Enthusiast - Level 3

After seeing your reply I did something I should've done before posting my problem....searching for the same subject.   Sure enough, if you search for "vod resume"  you'll see a lot of others have posted the same issue.

I saw comments by a Verizon employee that they were working on an update, then the update they released didn't fix the problem and they were working on another update.

Ho hum.   I'm disappointed by not holding my breath waiting for the problem to be resolved.

0 Likes
DeeeDeee

Was told the problem would not be fix with a new patch until August, some joke.

0 Likes
Beelzel
Enthusiast - Level 3

The secret... don't pause. Let it continue running (mute if you want) and then try not to see what is happening and backup to where you were before the interruption... rather primitive workaround.  But when all else fails...

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Good news is its not 2x times but is faster than that.

Its kind of fluky how the resume works.  Usually works for me on the movie channels, but not for some of the channels such as primetime channels.  Sometimes only works if you go to my library, my rentals.

0 Likes
zipoli1

how can i watch an HBO movie from the beginning

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can only do that if you can find it on HBO OD or HBO GO.

If you see a movie has already started, you can't go back to the beginning.

0 Likes