VOD not working--tech and customer service unable to help
sato2

My VOD stapped working recently, right when verizon pushed through the TV FIOS update.  I waited for a while, thinking it would return to normal working when verizon figured out any bugs in the upgrade.  However, after a month or so it still isn't working. 

When I push the On Demand remote button or use the remote menu button I get a message that the service is unavailable.  Here is the message text:  Currently, this feature is disabled.  Please contact Verizon at (888) 553-1555 [VOD_204}.

I called the number and talked to someone in tech.  After rebooting the box and a bunch of other stuff, I was told the problem wasn't technical but with billing or customer service.  Tech said they showed a "negative credit" to my account for around $80.  I had just checked my account online and it was and remains totally up to date, as I thought.  So I called customer service who agreed that my account is current and there are no outstanding charges or "negative credits".  Then customer service told me they couldn't help me because they had not disabled the feature and that I would have to go to tech for help.

Before I call tech again, has anyone else experienced the VOD_204 problem?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: VOD not working--tech and customer service unable to help
Karl_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

Hi sato -- I'm sorry for the trouble with your VOD service, but I can help you out.  I sent you a private message to get more information about the problem.  Please get back to me when you're able.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Frolan
Having the same VOD_204 issue after the upgrade. Any fix on the said issue?
0 Likes
Lurkz0

I've got the same problem, i have been with tech support day/night.  This started after the upgrade process and it seems to only affect standard boxes (not the DVR boxes). I don't even get the Videon On Demand menu.  Now, i'm at the step where verizon has sent me a new box.  unfortunately, this has not fixed the problem.  i'm about to call again.  if anyone has a fix for this, please do tell.

0 Likes
SueGun

I am also having trouble with VOD.  I cannot access any VOD programs from either HD or SD boxtops.  The tech last night said it was my HD Box, but all boxes are affected.  The has been going on for several weeks, the error is VOD_276 (I think).

0 Likes
sato2

The verizon folks that check this page helped me get the VOD back on again.  Somehow, it was disabled through the customer order department even though my account is over a year old.  Hopefully the will be able to help you also.

0 Likes
SueGun

I will try calling Customer Service, although call Verizon is like cutting off one's head with a nail file.  Thanks for the tip

0 Likes
AlphaB
Contributor - Level 1

@SueGun wrote:

I will try calling Customer Service, although call Verizon is like cutting off one's head with a nail file.  Thanks for the tip

Ask to speak w/the supervisor, manager or director whichever one is on call.  If that does not work, ask politely yet firmly to be transferred to the "customer retention" department.

Good luck!

0 Likes
ValuedUser

I'm getting the same error - VOD_276 - when I try to purchase a FlexView On Demand movie.  Trying to use the bookmark feature was a no-go as well; it never saved.

It took 15 minutes to reach tech support via phone (after getting routed to billing instead even though I selected the option for TV tech support - shouldn't a phone company be able handle phone calls properly?)  The tech Brian said his systems had crashed and his tools were limited.  He also repeatedly stated that it was probably a billing limit problem despite my insistence otherwise.  I called Verizon back after googling the problem and finding the posts on this board.  The product support rep I reached said that his systems were down for updating and that he couldn't access anything at all.  FAIL.

So many things have gone wrong here and I am beyond frustrated.  I pay for on demand service which quite obviously should be ON DEMAND.  How are your techs not educated about what is apparently a rampant issue?

- A soon to be ex-Verizon subscriber

0 Likes
stan5409
Enthusiast - Level 2

THIS IS JUST AWFUL!!!  I'm trying to watch an hour long VOD program and so far it's stopped halfway through 4 times.  When I go back into the program and click to continue where I left off it starts from the beginning. It is very frustrating to have to watch over and over and over again without resolution.  I have unplugged and reset the box and still the same problem. I won't tolerate NO IMMEDIATE HELP. There is always Direct TV if this isn't resolved soon.

0 Likes