Verifying Verizon FiOS Acct with Apple TV App
GSPGal

I recently bought a new Apple TV (4th generation) and was excited to see all the streaming video apps, like HBO Go, NBC, CBS, Showtime, FOX, FX, etc. However, when I started to activate the apps, I got to the point of verifying my Verizon account and was told I needed FiOS TV to use the app.  Point in fact, I have the FiOS Ultimate HD package.

When I contacted Verizon, I was told that I needed the FiOS App to stream content.  Unfortunately, Apple TV doesn't seem to have the FiOS App.  I don't think the representative understood this.  At any rate, reading between the lines of my chat with the representative, I have the impression that I'm not going to be able to use any Apple TV app that requires me to verify my cable provider account.  Obviously, I'm really disappointed by this and don't understand why I can't just verify my FiOS account, as I can on my iPad.

If anyone found a solution to this problem, I'd love to hear it.  Thank you very much.

0 Likes
Re: Verifying Verizon FiOS Acct with Apple TV App
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

You don't need the FIos app.  However it does appear that APPLE TV may lack the features in its browser or apps that you do need.  Not having one I don't have an idea.  However I am posting the tips that i have often posted to work with PC's for this common problem.

First make sure you have cleared your Browser cache.

You are asking peers here. 

A bunch of things lead to problems loging into HBO GO and many other Online Channel sites.

• You must get HBO (or whatever channel you are trying to use) from Verizon
  • At least the first time you may first have to sign out of the Verizon site.  It gets confused easily.
  • You must allow third party cookies
  • For PC's you must be running Flash, Flash must be allowed to store info for third parties.  I don't know what is used on Apple IOS or Android devices instead of FLash.
  • You must not have your Browser options set to delete Information when exiting Browser.  Flash takes this as deleting information when exiting a site.

The general way it works is for you to go to HBO GO site.  Ask to look at something and it switches in a FRAME pointing to VERIZON and you signin. Verizon stores some information in flash and returns. That information must still be there so that HBO accepts you as authorized. 

0 Likes