Verizon FiOS Connectivity Questions
boshubinsky

When FiOS was originally installed in my house, I only had 2 TVs. We previously had 3 TVs but were waiting until this time to purchase a new one so we could get a deal. We only had Verizon set up 2 boxes in our house.

We previous had DishNetwork and the tech used the Dish Network coax cables to connect the cable boxes to the TVs. Now that we have a third TV, I've ordered a 3rd box. The scope of the "Install New Outlet" service doesn't really seem to fit (since I already have an outlet and a coax cable run).

Do I need to do anything special to make that coax work with the box? I tried moving one of the other boxes to that connection and it wouldn't connect. Do I have to use the Install New Outlet service or is this something Verizon will do for cheaper (or free, although I doubt it in this day and age).

Since I know where all the coax is run, do I just have to make sure it's plugged into a certain box? Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon FiOS Connectivity Questions
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

You need to connect / or verify the "new outlet" to the splitter coming from the ONT (device that the fiber comes into and the coax comes out of).  If  you don't have any additional ports on the existing splitter you will need to get one with more ports.  Needs to be rated for 1 GHz (1000 MHz) and any unused ports need to be terminated.

0 Likes
boshubinsky
Is the ONT the big box that has the battery backup and all that inside it?
0 Likes
boshubinsky
Seems like I can't edit my posts on the phone. Anyway, am I using a 75 ohm terminator on the new splitter if I get one?
0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Yes the ONT is the thing with BBU attached.  There should be a coaxial cable coning out of it and going to a splitter (where your 2 working outlets end).

Yes you should use a 75 ohm terminator on any unused ports on the splitter (like if it is 4-way and you are using 3 then the 4th should be terminated).

0 Likes