Verizon Fios Tv App buffering issues-Samsung tv and XBOX
theroys88

Just got off the phone with Verizon support after they researched the buffering issue evenings and nights. They officially state that the buffering issue is a known issue. They cannot provide any info on a fix now or in the future.  This after 18 months of repeated Verizon reps trying to convince me that the problem was on my end. I am wired with 50/35 speed.  Also Just bought another Samsung tv which is a 2014 model and the Verizon TV App is missing. Called to register the set and the rep told me that Verizon has not release the app this year. She said it was strange because they had them for the last few years. What a colossal failure on Verizon's part.  It is embarrasing as a Verizon customer that Comcast can release their verson and have it right from day one.  I have emailed Joe_Ambeault  and of couse he has not responded. The hush hush on this failure is amazing.  They should of hired competent engineers to develop this app before bragging about it at CES.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Fios Tv App buffering issues-Samsung tv and XBOX
MikeDLA

Thanks for the update on this problem. i.e. no progress.

I have a 2013 Samsung TV and BluRay device both of which have the Verizon app installed and I gave up trying to get them working about 6 months ago. This is such a joke - if Verizon cared they would be ashamed but they are just looking the other way.

I canceled our Verizon TV service and switched from a bundle to just FIOS Internet service. We are not big TV watchers (basically we've cut the cable) and for the little TV we do watch, I refuse to pay a monthly rental fee for a set top box. So unless the Verizon Samsung app is generally ackowledged to be "fixed" we will not be signing up for any Verizon TV service again. The app is the ONLY way I would watch Verizon TV and it is practically unusable.

So it's Amazon Prime and Netflix for us - no Verizon TV. I wonder if anyone at Verizon sales realizes that the app is not just a matter of convenience for customers. If there's no workable app then I am not a TV customer.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have the app on a slightly older (2012) Samsung. I use it somewhat often.

Don't have much of an issue.

Can you use any of the other apps on your TV fine? May be an issue with its Internet connection.

Try Crackle. It is free and allows streaming of some shows and movies. It is a good test.

0 Likes
MikeDLA

In my case all other apps work perfectly. 

Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon stream HD video perfectly - I am on 50/25 FIOS.
I tried wired and wireless Internet and the only App with problems is Verizon.
There are posts in these forums from other people with the same issue: the Verizon app is the sole problem.

For me I doubt it's worth the time to troubleshoot any longer...

0 Likes
theroys88

Glad to hear someone has the same issue.  I also have 50/25 and have tried wired and wireless with the same issue. It usually will run for about 20 minutes and then start buffering and will not stop. Verizon continues to state that this problem is being addressed but for me it has been almost 3 years. I cannot understand why they continue to have this app availbable. It is a broken app and needs to be removed. They have removed it from their smart hub for 2014. That is a statement about the app. I hate trollers who jump in and ask tech savy folks like ourselfs to check our connection. If they read the first post they would have seen that I had tried ethernet and wireless which I have Netgears top of the line router which gives me a average of 30-34 down in my liveroom.

0 Likes
JohnRB

It used to be alot better than it is now, now cant stream for more than 5minutes, the app service is terrible its obviously not the broadband I run at 75/75, 0 issues with any other streaming service or internet based anything. I am an IT Consultant so it has driven me crazy, I have stress tested lines, ran so many diagnostics test, ping, dns, nothing matters. As usual because we pay top $ for a first rate internet gateway thats means all the other services and support can suck. So aggravating!

0 Likes
Mareatunnell
I recently got Netflix and I have a smart tv...seems to buffer too much can't watch a movie for 5 minutes before it buffers. ..seems to be a, weak signal in the upstairs back room. ...can this, be fixed without a router amplifier (ranget extenter) whats, the 800 # for fios... need help quickly
0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon can't do much to help with wireless coverage.

Do you have another wireless device you can use to test coverage in that room?

Can you relocate router to privide better coverage to that room without sacrificing coverage to another?

Some houses are just too big to be covered by a singe router.

0 Likes