Re: Verizon dropping AMC?
lonestar59
Enthusiast - Level 1

So Verizon my drop AMC. I assume due to a new contract negotiation. So AMC is probably asking for more money on a new contract. In my experience I cannot think of a contract I've had with a company that the cost stayed the same or heaven forbid went down.I have been a customer of Verizon and then Verizon Fios for many years now and not once has my cost of services stayed the same or gone down.I now pay over $230.00 dollars per month for their services. Let's see If my math doesn't fail me, that's over $2,700. dollars per year. You know any way you cut it that's alot of money.I wonder out of all that money how much am I paying for hundreds of TV stations I have never spent even a millesecond watching. My advice to Verizon is drop some of these unbelievably small viewer stations and make up the difference for AMCs price increase.As a matter of fact why don't you do something really inovative and offer all your channels alacarte and let your customers decide what they want to pay for. Because at the end of the day you brag and advertise all the stations you have, but we all know nobody watches 90% of that crap. Let me decide if I want to pay for AMC or not. Not you! However barring that. Or settling this. If I miss even one episode of The Walking Dead I will be taking my car payment I pay you somewhere else. And Oh by the way the extra one or two dollars per subcriber it take to settle this better not be passed down to me as a five or six dollar increase in my bill. Or bye-bye.

Re: No AMC on Verizon??? I hope for Verizon's sake this is not true.
piratemom1094
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree - I really don't want to lose AMC - especially with the Walking Dead. Trying to figure put how to put ina vote with Verizon??

0 Likes
wingman5th

If you drop AMC we will drop Verizon. The Walking Dead is our favorite TV show. I look forward every week to seeing what happens next. DO NOT drop AMC. We watch it a lot.

0 Likes
JadedMage
Enthusiast - Level 2

IF VERIZON DROPS AMC I WILL DROP VERIZON - I THINK WE ALL SHOULD GET TOGETHER AND START A PETITION ON CHANGE.ORG TO PETITION VERIZON TO NOT DROP AMC AND TO MAKE A PACT TO DROP THEM IF THEY DO.  IT WORKED FOR BANK OF AMERICA - IT CAN WORK FOR US ALSO!

0 Likes
phillyf8

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

plz no drop AMC

0 Likes
Re: KEEP AMC
droidsailor
Enthusiast - Level 1

When you agree to terms and conditions, you should read the fine print:

FIOS TV Terms of Service:

"

Subject to applicable law, we reserve the right to change, rearrange, add,
delete or otherwise modify the Service at any time, with or without prior
notice to you, including changing, rearranging or otherwise modifying our
Programming packages, the selections available in those packages, the
Equipment, and any other features, products and services that we offer."

Verizon doesn't need your consent to make changes. 

I'm bothered by this. A few months ago we were bombarded with messages about DISH and AMC. AMC was claiming that the dispute involved the legal issues with the VOOM channels and this was DISH's payback.

It looks like DISH was correct in their allegations against AMC at the time and this latest round of AMC vs. the service provider involves Verizon. 

I think people should wake up. AMC figured since they launched a publicity war against DISH and won they can start it up with Verizon.

I think verizon should do what's right for consumers, offer the lowest possible prices for their programming.  In fact, I say Verizon should call their bluff and make AMC channels a la carte like HBO and Showtime.  Let the market decide what the true value of AMC networks should be.

If we the consumers, just ditch Verizon and go to comcast (or another cable provider), who's to say they're not going to go after the other provider next.  I can see multiple wars erupt every couple of months: AMC vs. DISH, AMC vs. VERIZON and then ...AMC vs. Comcast, vs. Time Warner etc.. Do you see a pattern here? Are we the subscribers just going to bounce around from network to network?

Personally I agree with the first post and don't want to see any price hikes.  You can watch the walking dead on netflix there. I can wait a few months for the next season to become available. It's only entertainment.

BTW, a la carte programming for all TV programming is a great idea.  This is how CBand providers worked back in the day and their prices were traditionally much lower than cable. Perhaps this is what Verizon should do,  start offering their channels a la carte and let the consumer decide what we want to pay for.  Become a true alternative to cable and Satellite TV.  Right now, they're just like any other cable provider except all their programming is digital.

Re: KEEP AMC
JadedMage
Enthusiast - Level 2

LOOKS TO ME LIKE YOU WORK FOR VERIZON

Re: Dropping AMC Would Be Verizon's fault....
wildalaska

Even if AMC is playing hardball, it is ultimately Verizon's responsibilty to ensure that it retains popular channels in its line-up. If it allows its customers to lose access to popular shows, then it must be prepared to lose customers...otherwise, what is to keep Verizon from just showing the cheapest options in order to maximize profit. It is like a once good restaurant that declined because it started skimping to maximize profit and let the quality suffer. Such actions must have consequences.

If Verizon drops AMC, which has two of my favorite shows, it will no longer be the service I signed up for and I will switch to Cox.

0 Likes
Geo25
Enthusiast - Level 3

Please don't drop another channel I watch!

I may have to go back to directv.

0 Likes
hg111
I'm dropping verizon if they take away amc. Verizon is getting greedy! There is a ton of cable networks out there that don't keep dropping channels. Join me if verizon drops amc take a stand. Voice opinion at http://www.keepamcnetwork.com
0 Likes