Verizon negotiating tactics
Randywxx
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon - quit your sleezy negotiating tactics with Newport TV in the Harrisburg television market.  Trying to drum up consumer support in a matter that the public knows nothing about is unprofessional.  Do your negotiations in the board rooms and leave the TV programming product for the consumers to enjoy, not have to participate in your mock fight.  Randy Whitaker

Re: Verizon negotiating tactics
Cirsmack1971
Enthusiast - Level 1
I am canceling my service with Verizon today. I mean seriously, pulling something like this on an NFL playoff day......nice move, I guess I will start using Comcast again.
cwa10711
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agreed.  Making your customers pawns in a negociation is sleazy and underhanded.  In the 15 years I was a Comcast customer, I never experienced such a thing.  This is absolutely deplorable customer service.  I'm in a 2 year contract, but as far as I'm concerned, this is a breach of that contract.  If this isn't resolved swiftly and with a formal apology, I'll be switching over to Comcast and YOU'LL be eating your ETF.  

0 Likes
UnnDunn
Contributor - Level 3

@cwa1071 wrote:

Agreed.  Making your customers pawns in a negociation is sleazy and underhanded.  In the 15 years I was a Comcast customer, I never experienced such a thing.  This is absolutely deplorable customer service.  I'm in a 2 year contract, but as far as I'm concerned, this is a breach of that contract.  If this isn't resolved swiftly and with a formal apology, I'll be switching over to Comcast and YOU'LL be eating your ETF.  

You are the ones making yourselves pawns, by attaching so much emotion and anger to the availablility of these channels. It's just television; there are hundreds of other channels available in the FiOS TV lineup, there are many other ways to get the content shown on those channels, and ultimately, there are many other ways for you to entertain or inform yourself.

By making the availability of these channels such a personal, emotional issue, you are making yourself a pawn in these negotiations, not Verizon or Newport TV.

These kinds of carriage disputes occur all the time in the pay-TV industry. This is not the first and will certainly not be the last dispute that has resulted in channels being removed from a distributor's lineup. That is how business is done in this country and in this industry.

Posting angry rants on the provider or distributor's forums will have exactly zero effect on the duration or outcome of the negotiations.

spynnal

Correct, which is why many will simply be cancelling.  When you pay top dollar for a top provider, you do not expect to be left high and dry on the most basic channels on television.  When someone paying $30 a month can watch a nationally broadcast game, and a $200+ monthly customer cannot, they will not remain a customer for long.  The most basic of business principals.

Something tells me Comcast and others may have a good year ahead.

Ask Netflix if they regret ignoring their customers take on the changing parameters of the industry.

0 Likes
Nashkar

The same for the Albany NY market.  This is the worst business strategy I have ever seen.  We will also be cancelling services. 

0 Likes
UnnDunn
Contributor - Level 3

@spynnal wrote:

Correct, which is why many will simply be cancelling.  When you pay top dollar for a top provider, you do not expect to be left high and dry on the most basic channels on television.  When someone paying $30 a month can watch a nationally broadcast game, and a $200+ monthly customer cannot, they will not remain a customer for long.  The most basic of business principals.

Something tells me Comcast and others may have a good year ahead.

Ask Netflix if they regret ignoring their customers take on the changing parameters of the industry.

Fine, so if you want to cancel, cancel. If you want to stay, stay. But don't post yet another rant threatening to cancel. We've seen an endless parade of them over the past few days, and it's childish, unproductive and quite frankly annoying.

0 Likes
yid3000
Enthusiast - Level 2

undunn,

Lets hope your high enough on the verizon ladder you don't lose your job if all the people that say they are cancelling do it.

0 Likes
UnnDunn
Contributor - Level 3

@yid3000 wrote:

undunn,

Lets hope your high enough on the verizon ladder you don't lose your job if all the people that say they are cancelling do it.

I don't work for Verizon in any capacity.

0 Likes
optivity
Contributor - Level 3

UnnDunn,

{please keep your posts courteous}

At, $152 per month and no FOX TV, Verizon can count me out.

0 Likes