Versus HD 590 - Currently Unavailable
nascar
Master - Level 1

Versus HD 590 - Currently Unavailable  - Any reason for this?  I am in NNJ and subscribe to Extreme HD and Movies + Sports.

No other channel SD or HD has this message.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Versus HD 590 - Currently Unavailable
bishopQ
Out in Boston area as well.  C'mon Verizon, we've got Devils/Bruins going on right now.  If you've messed something up fix it quickly!!
0 Likes
spy178
Enthusiast - Level 2
Same thing here in Rhode Island...There is no reason that this should be blacked out as I was first informed on the phone from verizon just now.  Then I was told that it's an issue w/ Versus' HD feed, but since others are able to view the channell on fios i find that hard to believe.   Watching the game on the SD channel wouldn't be as bad if it wasn't so blurry with IMG1.6. 
0 Likes
TheSanchez
Contributor - Level 2

Hey guys i know it is way too late for this but our internal vz.com systems went down yesterday so I didnt recieve any messages from you guys about this until this morning.  I checked my outage notification emails and this was one of them.  We stopped recieving the HD VS feed at the point where network providers send us their feeds for both the east coast and west coast from looks of it. 

TS

0 Likes
sabresrule99

Strange seeing how we had the feed in Buffalo.

0 Likes
TheSanchez
Contributor - Level 2

You got me man.  I wasn't in when this happened so I do not have any first hand knowledge of what happened.  Was the game being carried on VS  HD for you or was it on one of your local channels/regional sports network channel?

Message Edited by TheSanchez on 12-25-2008 12:57 PM
0 Likes
spy178
Enthusiast - Level 2
The game was only broadcasted on VS and was not on any local or rsn stations.  I was able to watch the game on the VS SD channel.  It was weird that it was working in some areas, also this was first reported at around 2PM EST the day of the game. So I don't think it would have been a "botched" blackout restriction. Strange one, and it looks to be resolved, but hopefully it doesn't happen again (The bruins have 4 more games on VS this season).
0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1
Must have been a false Blackout restriction for the NJ area.  The game was only on Versus.

@TheSanchez wrote:

You got me man.  I wasn't in when this happened so I do not have any first hand knowledge of what happened.  Was the game being carried on VS  HD for you or was it on one of your local channels/regional sports network channel?

Message Edited by TheSanchez on 12-25-2008 12:57 PM

0 Likes