Video Media Server Connection lost
Teeno78

I am super frustrated with verizon!!! I have 3 TVs. 1 tv has the main box to it and the other 2 have the smaller boxes on the. For the past couple months both TVs will randomly freeze and pop up a black screen saying video media server connection lost. It was happening every once in awhile, but now it's all the time. It will start a countdown then go back to regular viewing. I have called tech support so many times where they have me unplug this push this turn this off and on. And nothing ever works. One guy finally told me my cable wires need to be changed and it will cost me $99 for a tech to come and fix it. I'm a fairly new customer why would my wires need to be replaced? I've never touched them unless they told me to. I'm already paying so much a month for horrible tv that I cant even watch and I refuse to pay anymore to fix it. Has anyone else experienced this and is it true that if they send out a tech no matter what they charge $99? That is what verizon a multimillion dollar company keeps telling me. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Video Media Server Connection lost
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unless the wires were installed with you FiOS service, it is possible they are bad.

Do this on VMS

Hit d

go to my connected devices

Hit ok.

you should see a diagram.

go to VMS and hit ok

Select advanced diagnostics

use the arrow key to go to next page

you should get a matrix

all values should be 600 or highest.

if not, there is a cabling issue.

if they are, another possibility is that router is going bad.

are you using FiOS supplied router?

what model?

View solution in original post

Re: Video Media Server Connection lost
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unless the wires were installed with you FiOS service, it is possible they are bad.

Do this on VMS

Hit d

go to my connected devices

Hit ok.

you should see a diagram.

go to VMS and hit ok

Select advanced diagnostics

use the arrow key to go to next page

you should get a matrix

all values should be 600 or highest.

if not, there is a cabling issue.

if they are, another possibility is that router is going bad.

are you using FiOS supplied router?

what model?