Voice Remote
Jerryboree1

I know the IPTV service Fios had been working on has been cancelled.  My understanding was the possibilty of a voice remote similar to Xfinity's was linked to this service succeeding.  Now that IPTV is dead in the water does that mean so is the voice remote?  That is the one thing I miss about xfinity.  Fios has better internet speeds in my area, but Xfinity has the better tv service with the voice remote.

0 Likes
Re: Voice Remote
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

For now yes.

I can't say I am anxious for voice remote. Yes, it might be easier if you were searching for a particular show. But if you know show and channel, seems easier it just enter 2-3 digits.

I want to say that FiOS app does support voice features but haven't tried it.

0 Likes
Mtracks
Enthusiast - Level 2

Amazon Echo can now control set top box.  It's almost as good as the Xfinity voice remote- which I too missed very much after switching from Comcast.  Matter of fact, I was just waiting for Comcast to offer to pay to get me out of Fios term just because of that.  But now that Alexa is in the game, I'll stick with Fios a while longer.

0 Likes
Kaelah

Why don't long time customers get voice remote, especially when their vision is poor?

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes