Volume going in and out
BucksCtyGirl

Getting really frustrated.

For the past few months, the volume, usually transitioning from commercial to show, goes in and out. It will come on soft, I'll turn it up, it will start to go up, I turn it back to my normal range. A commercial will come on, it will go down. (I usually leave it - it's a commercial) but the show will come back on on that lower volume. Sometimes it will come back up after a moment, otherise I have to turn it up. And vice versa.

Watching a Great Barrier Reef special right now, and it is really taking away from just sitting back and relaxing, with the constant "can you turn that up?", "can you turn that down?" 

The TV is a practically brand new (almost a yr old) Samsung 4K curve. This doesn't happen when using a game system or steaming video, which makes me think it has to be a Fios issue. I saw posts with other similar issues, but with no solid answer.

Does anyone have one?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Volume going in and out
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

First post I have seen on this issue.

Couple of things:

1) Is stb connected direct to TV?

2) Is volume on stb max and set to fixed?

0 Likes
Re: Volume going in and out
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are also audio dynamic range settings.  Personally I recommand off.  But it can be set to light or heavy (i know it defaults to one of these).  I always found this to cause wavering sound as they try to allow you to hear dialog even at lower volume settings.