Vz Multi-room DVR playback loses sound frequently
DMand

In Room1 is multi room Verizon DVR and main STB, Room2 TV has STB with no controls, buttons on it.  Room2 TV loses sound when playing from Verizon DVR.

I tried below suggestions found in community:

Turn off the Set top box and press Select and then Menu.

On boxes with no select or menu buttons, on the remote press STB Power OFF then  OK then Menu..... I did this because Room2 STB has no buttons on it.

But Room2 box turns back on by itself when I push OK button, menu. 

So I do not get below described white screen with menu user settings ???....

There will be a white screen and text menu called "user settings". Use your arrow keys to scroll down to "Additional HDMI Settings" and then press the right arrow to enter that menu. Go to the sound settings called "Audio Output". It should say Auto, so change it to "L-PCM". Back out of the menus and then turn the unit off and on again.

Can someone help with this ???  

DVR playback is losing sound for increasingly longer intervals

0 Likes
Re: Vz Multi-room DVR playback loses sound frequently
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@DM04 wrote:

In Room1 is multi room Verizon DVR and main STB, Room2 TV has STB with no controls, buttons on it.  Room2 TV loses sound when playing from Verizon DVR.

I tried below suggestions found in community:

Turn off the Set top box and press Select and then Menu.

On boxes with no select or menu buttons, on the remote press STB Power OFF then  OK then Menu..... I did this because Room2 STB has no buttons on it.

But Room2 box turns back on by itself when I push OK button, menu. 

So I do not get below described white screen with menu user settings ???....

There will be a white screen and text menu called "user settings". Use your arrow keys to scroll down to "Additional HDMI Settings" and then press the right arrow to enter that menu. Go to the sound settings called "Audio Output". It should say Auto, so change it to "L-PCM". Back out of the menus and then turn the unit off and on again.

Can someone help with this ???  

DVR playback is losing sound for increasingly longer intervals

First turn off box at switch. quickly press OK 2X on remote. Should see large page with information. Press left arrow near OK. Scroll to Additional HDMI settings, Choose LPCM in audio, hit OK button. Reboot box. That applies to 1100 series and older.

0 Likes