Watch 2 Channels Go Back & Forth Between The 2 - No More Rewinding???
DirtyLarry

It used to be as long as we watched the same 2 channels, so for my example lets say 705 (Fox 5) and 899 (HBO), as long as I stayed on those same 2 channels, I could go back and forth between the 2 channels and Rewind. So if I was on 705, pressed Last on the remote to go to 899, watch 899 for 10 minutes, go back to 705, I could rewind 705, and vice versa if I went back to 899 from 705.

If I went to a 3rd channel, that would cancel it out and I would no longer be able to rewind on the original 1st channel.

This feature is no longer working. Tried seeing if it was a setting somewhere but did not find anything. I feel like it has been happening for at least a month and I am finally at the point I am seeing if there is a fix for it.

I have just powered down all of the STB's. It is a Multi Room DVR setup so did them all. I have not powered down the router as well and that is primarily because about 2 days ago we lost power completely, so it has been reset already since this has been happening. I am willing to try it again (the router), that is just a bit of a process as I also have an Orbi setup in AP mode with additional switches connected to it as well, so when I restart my router I have to power down about 3 other things as well, so try to avoid it when I can especially since my internal network itself is configured pretty rock solid.

Any help or advice is appreciated. We did not use it a whole lot, but when we did it was usually because two shows were on at the same time we wanted to watch so it was very helpful.

A few things I can add. Rewinding "Live TV" still does work. So if we are just watching Channel 705, I can rewind it.

0 Likes
Re: Watch 2 Channels Go Back & Forth Between The 2 - No More Rewinding???
ARTMOZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

WATCH 2 CHANNELS WITH FIOS 7/23/2018

I presently watch 2 channels with FiOS.  I'm using Release: APR-4.10 

I usually watch a channel, freeze it then swap (last channel button) to the second channel which can be new or previously frozen.  Don't get outside those 2 channels or you lose one.  Simple to do & I have multiple room dvr so that doesn't matter.

ARTMOZ

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model STB is it?

Is it 7XXX series or VMS?

0 Likes
DirtyLarry

The STB in question is an ARRIS IPC1100P2

The main hub (media server) is indeed an ARRIS VMS1100.

Have reset the equipment a few times since I posted, once again thanks to a power outage from the weather and the other time just for prosperity, and still not working as it once did. Thank you.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

It may depend on how many tuners you have in use.

How many other IPCs do you have?

Did you have any recordings in progress?

0 Likes