Watch ABC app can't connect to Verizon on iPad
jillmac31

I have been trying to use the Watch ABC app on my ipad since Monday when the change occurred that you need to sign in for recent episodes.  I'm a current Verizon FIOS subscriber for internet and tv. This is the message that I get.  I have checked my user information and login through the FIOS mobile app and everything works there, but I get this error when I open the app.

"A sign in error occurred: Please contact us if you need further assistance."

Other forums have suggested this is a Verizon login issue.  Anyone else having the same problem with the ipad.  It works fine on my android phone.

0 Likes
Re: Watch ABC app can't connect to Verizon on iPad
hollyloch1
Yes! I have been having the same problem. Tried two different ipads and neither can login despite using the right id and password. Ugh.
0 Likes
jillmac31
There is an update to the app. It didn't ask me for a password this time and now I can watch the show I was missing.
0 Likes
techreviewer

I reluctantly entered the requested Verizon user name and password credentials after the reading the release notes on the Watch ABC application update and checking domain name owners, successfully gained access to the watch ABC content, and then received an email from Verizon-services warning me about "Phishing" attempts.  

A better approach than providing user name and password to a third party application is needed to validate that a Verizon TV customer has the right to view ABC content on line.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@techreviewer wrote:

I reluctantly entered the requested Verizon user name and password credentials after the reading the release notes on the Watch ABC application update and checking domain name owners, successfully gained access to the watch ABC content, and then received an email from Verizon-services warning me about "Phishing" attempts.  

A better approach than providing user name and password to a third party application is needed to validate that a Verizon TV customer has the right to view ABC content on line.

When you sign into this app (just like other apps requiring FiOS subscription verification such as HBOGo, CNN, etc.) you are actually connecting to a Verizon server for the authentication process, and the app does not know your credentials -- you are not proividing the app with your user name and password but are using a pass through authentication process.   The app simply uses the authorization provided by Verizon.  This is standard industry practice.  

0 Likes
Ursmynrs
I suffered for hours with Verizon on the phone with 5 different departments. I tried everything, they told me to contact apple or abc. then I deleted the app, reinstalled, entered my credentials and then it worked. Hope that helps.
0 Likes