Watch ESPN App Not Working
DaveP3
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am a subscriber to the Verizon FiOS HD Extreme TV package.  I've been using the Watch ESPN App with a Roku on my TVs that don't have a cable set top box for 4 or 5 years, and have never had a problem. Tonight the Watch ESPN App would not let me view content on ESPN or ESPN2.  ESPNU and ESPN3 seemed to be working fine. The error message from the Watch ESPN App was that the channels were not part of my plan.  I have no idea if this is a Verizon or an ESPN issue, but it is obviously an error.  I reset my Roku device, but that didn't help. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Watch ESPN App Not Working
DaveP3
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK. Everything seems to be working fine the next morning.  Weird. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
DaveP3
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK. Everything seems to be working fine the next morning.  Weird. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is it possible that content was under a blackuot?

DaveP3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Maybe, but both ESPN and ESPN2 would not load.  I have never seen that issue before on the Watch ESPN App for College sports, and I watch using the app a lot.  It's just "easy" to scroll through the thumbnails of live games on the app for the ESPN family of networks, which includes the Internet only games on ESPN3, SEC Network, and ACC Network.  I have all of my Roku boxes connected over wire Ethernet, so I have very little lagging.  It would be nice if the On-Demand function on FiOS was as intuitive as the Roku interface.  I'm actually thinking about getting one of the new TCL Roku TVs, even though they're made in China. 

0 Likes