Re: We May Lose ABC, Freeform, ESPN, and Disney Channels
Golfer013
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree. No ABC no FIOS for me.

o5845279
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hopefully someone from Verizon checks out these forums because the irony of receiving an email from Verizon saying that they are fighting against Disney on my behalf and for my interests...I try to reply to the email to add my input and actually address my interests...”This email has been sent from an auto-notification system that cannot accept incoming email”.

You say you are fighting these channel providers to keep our bills low, and how crazy it is to have to pay more, yet you’ve raised the monthly rental fees on our TV boxes and router in recent months. At least Disney is providing a new channel in the ACC Network...you raised our rental fees but we received nothing for the privilege of paying Verizon more money.

You’ve also stripped channels from packages (e.g 11 HBO channels disappeared from the most expensive Ultimate package suddenly after AT&T completed their merger) without appropriately adjusting the price downward and channels are randomly pulled off the air. To truly help and stand up for your valued customers, why aren’t these transmission savings ever passed along to us in the form of a discounted bill??? During these fights we suddenly become “valued customers” and there is always a lot of “fighting on our behalf” yet in all my years with different providers I don’t remember ever seeing a reduced bill down the road (or an appropriate discount for loss of service/channels during a blackout). So in what way do we benefit again?

We all know the game. But Disney and the ESPN channels are important for people like me who enjoy live sports. It’s one of the last reasons to not cut the cord from FIOS TV so please be considerate and come to a reasonable agreement with Disney to stop the nonsense.

JP609
Enthusiast - Level 1

Comcast, here I come...

JP609
Enthusiast - Level 1

Honestly, I couldn’t possibly care any less about a couple meaningless bowl games, but if Fios loses ESPN...I’m out like a fat kid in dodgeball...👋👋👋 Comecast, here I come...

roblight
Enthusiast - Level 1

Who cares about ABC or the junk it peddles?  I can watch local news over an antenna or online.  In all honesty, unless I start seeing 4k content I'm going to drop my TV serivce anyhow.  There are way too many options out there to pay high prices for content I dont care about.  What you should be concerned about is whatever the cost Verizon has to pay for ABC, it will surely be passed along to us.

CCS12
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon, figure this out! I left Cablevision when they lost content due to contract disputes and came to you. If you can't deliver ESPN for the bowl games, I am gone! I'll finally find a way to cut the cable and save a bunch of money.

MrCheesey
Enthusiast - Level 1

I will be so glad if Verizon drops ESPN.  I am sick of paying so much for something I do not watch.

Stay Strong Fios.  Do not cave in.

No one will care if ESPN.  My family never watched ESPN. 

Please drop this channel.

Re: Loss of Disney and it's associated networks
hood3
Enthusiast - Level 1

If Verizon could reduce my bill by $1 per month by not caving to ABC-Disney demands and eliminating their channels, I say good ridence to their garbage programming.

Dropping ESPN/ABC
LongIsland1

We recently renewed our contract with Verizon only to find out yesterday that they plan on dropping ESPN & ABC-TV. Wouldn't have renewed because we have an elderly relative living with us & television is very important. 

Also, the AOL email debacle is a disaster. Most of the time we can't access email & service provided is useless.

0 Likes
Losing Channel?
Opa2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is Verizon dropping the ABC Network channels, or in negotiation to renew their contract?  ABC has a crawl asking folks to call Verizon to keep the network.