What is a VHO? What does this mean to me? Are software/firmware updates automatic?
Fairfax22022
Enthusiast - Level 2

I see lots of posts mentioning 'VHO'...can someone explain what this is and how it affects me?  When people reference updates like 1.6.2 do I need to do anything to my STBs, or are they automatic?

FYI, I live in Northern Virginia (Fairfax).

0 Likes
Re: What is a VHO? What does this mean to me? Are software/firmware updates automatic?
matcarl
Master - Level 1
People here get a little technical sometimes. VHO stands for Video Hub Office, it means nothing to the average person. There are several of these VHO's scattered around the Verizon territories. Usually when Verizon upgrades their software, they are done maybe 2 VHO's at a time. You need to do nothing. Your boxes will update. People here just like to get early info on which VHO's are being upgraded so they can look forward to it.
0 Likes
Re: What is a VHO? What does this mean to me? Are software/firmware updates automatic?
prisaz
Legend
I believe Fairfax County comes out of VHO4 Silver Spring, MD. I am in Montgomery County, MD and look forward to 1.6.2.
0 Likes