Where is my NBA League Pass sub?
etsuk001

I ordered NBA League Pass online along with a new set top box (for pickup at local store) today at around 5PM PST. I figured that it may take a slight amount of time to activate the NBA pass, but i checked the Order Info section on the myverizon site and it states that "Your Service will be begin on: Wednesday November 13th). How long does the process usually take to activate? 

Thanks in afvance for your help

0 Likes
Re: Where is my NBA League Pass sub?
celticpride1
Contributor - Level 2

Thats unacceptable you should have them turned on the same day you get the box,call verizon tell them the season has already started,and that you paid fo all the games! If they are gonna take 2 weeks to give you the channels i would ask for some kind of credit!

0 Likes
etsuk001

yeah, im pretty sad im missing out on all of the games today.........

i keep getting the same response though...."the service should be activated within a couple hours"

well, its been a couple hours and still no bball.

thanks for your post though!

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

They should be on long before that date.  A day or two at most. Make sure you get the new box installed.  The strange dates usually have to do with the exchange of STB.  IF still not on call.

0 Likes
celticpride1
Contributor - Level 2

BTW  check your guide and see if you have any listings after 2p.m. pacific,i guess 5 p.m. eastern time and see if they have guide data, at  least that  way you can record a game or 2 in SD.also be sure and check to see if theres anything in the guide starting on channel 1450-1454 for any HD listings of games.  I sent an email explainig the problem to indemand about verizon ,but they havent contacted me back,hopefully they'll get in contact with verizon and fix the problem..I do not work for verizon ,I'm just an avid baskeball fan who wants to see you and very other fan get what they paid for good luck!

0 Likes
etsuk001

One problem fixed but it created another..........

So, after sitting in the live chat for almost an hour last night, they confirmed tha the activation date for the NBA League Pass was in fact Nov 13th. I said I wanted to cancel the purchase since it is a ridiculous time frame to wait so they transferred me to tech support. I finally was able to cancel the pass and they assured me that my order of an additional HD STB would not be canceled and would be ready for pickup at my selected verizon fios store (long beach, ca in my case).

I decided to re-order the league pass from my STB this time instead of online and I received the activation in about 10 min which was great.

Now the second problem.......

it seems that the order for my additional STB has been canceled. I called the store to confirm with my order # i received via email to make sure that they had my order in stock, but the rep said she had no record of my order being placed in the system.........wonderful.

I dont know if im going to even go through the trouble of ordering the STB again because for all I know, I'll end up getting charged 2X for a box that i dont even have. 

My contract is up in 4 months, if Verizon continues with their lack of service I might have to look elsewhere for a provider...

anyways, thanks to all of you who provided insight and help with this matter. It was much appreciated. 

0 Likes