Where online to go to program DVR
bstanfordb
Enthusiast - Level 2

You'd think with how often they advertise this feature, Verizon would make it clear where to go to set your DVR from online.

Can someone tell me where/how to do this please?

0 Likes
Re: Where online to go to program DVR
Justin46
Legend

You should be able to go to FiOS TV Central: http://www36.verizon.com/fiostv/web/Default.aspx

There should be a button or something to activate it. If there isn't, there is a link to a page where the feature is discussed, with a Q&A.

Also, if you go to Menu ==> Settings on your TV, you should see an entry for it there, and I believe it tells you what to do.

I don't have the feature on my DVR so I cannot tell you exactly what you will see.

Hope this helps.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
lakat18
I am wondering the same thing. I've looked all over Fios TV Central and can't find where you'd program the DVR online.
0 Likes
Pyao
Contributor - Level 1

http://www.verizon.com/fiostvcentral

It's under TV Listings, where you can select a show and record.

You cannot set up series recording, only individuals.

You can also delete the recorded shows that are on your DVR.

Yes you must sign up for remote DVR feature first (free).

0 Likes
Shirley4
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I go to http://www.verizon.com/fiostvcentral and click on "TV Listings", I have to sign in; no matter how many times I have signed in, I have to sign in again. Then after signing in, I am shown a different page and I cannot find the TV listings anywhere in that page.

The frustrating thing is that there are many places in the Verizon web sites that are not working. Many times I get a message saying that it (where "it" is many things in the web sites) is not available. Many times things don't work right but I don't know they are not working the way they are supposed to.

For example, now when I try to sign in as above, I get a message saying "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: url", but there is no indication of what is null. This time, I know it is problem with the site since I am doing the same thing I did a couple of hours ago and I did not get that message before.

0 Likes
Shirley4
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got it solved. I called for support but I could not explain the problem, so he got into my system using system sharing software.

My problem is apparently the result of the confusion about what userid to use where. I had used the same userid I use for these forums, and that worked enough to make me think it was correct. It was not correct; when the support person signed in using the main userid for the account, then everything worked real good.

So if you sign in and then just get account information, such as the amount due for your account, then you are probably using the wrong user id.

0 Likes
chartle
Enthusiast - Level 3
You also have to have a home media DVR not the regular one.
0 Likes
lakat18

I was finally able to gain access to the function allowing you to record from Fios TV Central TV Listings, but it was not simple. I discovered that Firefox doesn't have the functionality and yet it appears in Safari. (I am using a Mac.) I don't know if that is revealed anywhere. So for me, the solution was to open Safari every time I want to use the recording functions.

0 Likes