Where's the Beef
goalpost

So I get this great new  service FIOS and they install it and the Install guy  hands me over a channel listing and the remote. He does show me how  to turn it on and off and quickly shows me how  to record, then says "enjoy your new  FIOS "

So I sit down look at the remote and begin to wonder  where's the instructions. I know  I forget a few things  but NO MANUAL,  Called the Tech Support line and they say Nope  no manual if  you have  question call us. So I figure  I have about 30 questions already.

At least with cablevision you got a nice book that explained everything. Verizon please don't let this be the damnation of a new relationship.

NO Book, so I spend hours on the phone daily until I master the remote.

Basic Cable no problem, but add in  all the other options and I think it is a bit too much.........to ask.....  to spend my time waiting for a techie  to answer my questions.

They say reading is fundamental so Where's the Manual

Goalpost

0 Likes
Re: Where's the Beef
PJL
Master - Level 3

Suggest you go to http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSTV/General+Support/How-To+Videos/How-To+Videos.htm and check out the online help videos.  You can find the online manuals from this page also.  There are also help videos in the video on demand area -- browse to the FiOS TV Help Videos folder.

Message Edited by PJL on 08-11-2008 02:52 PM
0 Likes
speedo123
Contributor - Level 1

That's strange.  When mine was recently installed, I got a nice package with all sorts of info in it - A User's Guide, a Quick Reference Guide, Entertainment Deals, Rates & Packages, Bill Explanation, Privacy Notice And Terms of Service. The part number on their outside folder is CCF70038-TV-01/08.  The Guide is CCF70038-TVG-01/08 and it has a very helpful section on the remote with pictures and arrows, and explanations, etc.  Real helpful! 

Sounds like your installer was either out of them or maybe was saving money (if they have to buy them from Verizon) by not giving you one.  While you can get all this info on-line, it's nice to have the hardcopy.  You might want to call Verizon and have them send you one.

0 Likes
goalpost

Thank You

Hard Copy is what it is all about and I will be calling Verizon first thing in the morning

Goalpost

0 Likes