Why can't Cisco DVR record 2 shows and playback 1 at the sametime?
Smokeater55

I use to have the 7232 and it would dump out of playback when I used any DVR function keys. That was judged a software bug that could not be fixed so Vz installed the Cisco DVR to fix that.

Now, I'm watching a nice pre-recorded show and I'll see the pop up message that tells me both tuners are needed to record two events. Well if I was watching live TV, I'd understand action would be needed. I would have to stop watching live TV or tell the DVR to cancel recording one or the other pre-scheduled event.

But, what the heck when viewing pre-recorded content? The tuner should do whatever it wants to do rather than DUMP me out of playback and send me into one of the live recording events. I then have to go start playback of the show to see the rest of the story.

James from Tech Support just told me today this was a "hardware limitation"? Say what? When I try to reproduce the problem, I can't make it happen. But it does happen at least one a day since I've got the Cisco box.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Why can't Cisco DVR record 2 shows and playback 1 at the sametime?
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry to hear about your playback problem. Please pull up the menu and go to CUSTOMER SUPPORT, then go to IN HOME AGENT, then go to AUTO FIX COMMON DVR ISSUES. If you are still having troubles after doing this, please send me a private message.

0 Likes