Why do I have to pay for Below Deck, Million Dollar Listing on demand as of this week?
LeeD11

A number of on demand episodes now only have the option to pay $1.99 to watch. I have seen a charge to watch only a day or 2 after the episode airs in the past and then can access the episode free of charge. It has been a week since these episodes aired and still cannot view without paying.  What is going on? Are we now paying for some free perks we got during the pandemic surge? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why do I have to pay for Below Deck, Million Dollar Listing on demand as of this week?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most of these are forced by the content provider.

I have seen the same one demand offerings on other providers.

Some (like Comcast) either have more clout with more subscribers or may get more favorable content from sister companies.

I believe the content providers are really trying to force customers to get content either from their website/app directly or via their (or affiliated) streaming service.

Look at CBS. Very little content since they started their streaming service

View solution in original post

Re: Why do I have to pay for Below Deck, Million Dollar Listing on demand as of this week?
loral1

Totally agree. What's the point of having the premium package. You pay to have that channel in your line up yet have to pay for episodes. Ridiculous. Verizon is double dipping,  Apparently you only have 5 days to watch the most recent episode of any show, then you will have to pay. I'm so annoyed. Looking for another carrier. If I'm gong to get nickel and dimed, I'd rather pay another company. Just saying.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most of these are forced by the content provider.

I have seen the same one demand offerings on other providers.

Some (like Comcast) either have more clout with more subscribers or may get more favorable content from sister companies.

I believe the content providers are really trying to force customers to get content either from their website/app directly or via their (or affiliated) streaming service.

Look at CBS. Very little content since they started their streaming service