Why do we have to pay to see SNL season finale w/On Demand?
janet444
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just tried to watch the latest episode of SNL and Verizon is asking me to buy the episdoe. Why should we have to buy the episode?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why do we have to pay to see SNL season finale w/On Demand?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Because NBC is charging for it.

There is a rather lengthy thread already about people complaining that episodes are being charged.

Content providers not the cable providers are the ones that decide if an episode is available for free or not.

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Because NBC is charging for it.

There is a rather lengthy thread already about people complaining that episodes are being charged.

Content providers not the cable providers are the ones that decide if an episode is available for free or not.

r_6

I don't think that is correct.  I seem to have to pay for HBO shows on demand and I pay for an  HBO subscription and these shows are free on HBO GO.  I think Verizon is cheating us.  

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you provide an example on HBO?

I have HBO and will check mine as well.

0 Likes
cpbuttercup
Enthusiast - Level 2

Read this and see if it helps you understand why we have to pay for some of the episodes. We pay A LOT to Verzion monthly and not only does it make me upset we have to pay extra for On Demand episodes but the majority of the time there are missing seasons and/or missing episodes. Not to mention old seasons and/or old epidsodes that you have to pay. Oh and how about the money we're dishing out a month and then having to watch repeats of the same shows episode every couple of hours, every day or every other day. Ex: I like 48 hrs, they will show 3 -4 episodes in a row (usually from different seasons too) and then repeat the same exact episodes again. Then the next night at the same time, the same show, same episodes....  I ask you, didn't 48 hrs have more than just 3 -4 episodes and quite a few seasons? Then why are they playing the same ones over and over again? They do the samething with 20/20. ID Discovery channel shows. I don't know who controls what's being viewed but they need to be fired or retrained. I could go on and on. It's all common sense and the problem is most of those people don't have it. They aren't looking at it from the consumers/users OUR point of view. If they had common sense there wouldn't have been a need for Verizon to have created a forum for us. Oh, one more thing talking about their lack of common sense, you mean they couldn't have made the remote controls light up so we could see them in the dark when we're watching a movie? It's really not that hard. I have other remotes that light up. It's not like when they sent me my equipment in the first place they sent me 3 brand new straight from the factory remotes anyway. I had to have them replace 2 of them because the volume buttom on 1 didn't work and the other didn't work at all cause it was sticky from something in it. Anyway, sorry I started to go off topic. Here's the info about the fees

http://www.businessinsider.com/heres-how-the-tv-business-actually-works-and-why-its-going-to-take-lo...

0 Likes