Why isn't there a "Record Episode with Options" option?
in10sity

I tend to record "episodes" just as often as I record "series" if not more so, and it would be extremely perfect and convenient if there was a "Record Episode with Options" option like there is a "Record Series with Options" option.

Since there isn't, is it possible to get to some sort of options menu when recording just an episode? My #1 reason here is so I can set it to end 5 minutes later.

Is there some way to make this happen that I'm missing because I'm a giant FiOS newb?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why isn't there a "Record Episode with Options" option?
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

It can be done.

Press the DVR BUTTON on your remote.  Go to VIEW SCHEDULE.  Select the show you want to extend and press OK on the remote.  In the window that comes up is MODIFY START & END TIME.  Select and you will be able to start the recording early (in preset increments of 5, 10, 15, 30, etc.).  There is also an option for ending later with the same incremental choices (up to 2 hours).  Keep in mind that you can create conflicts if you have one show ending (for example) at 10:00 PM and another starting at 10:00 PM by extending the first show (assuming both tuners in the DVR are in use).

Not as easy as a single choice when setting u p the recording, but it soes work.  Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

Keyboards
Master - Level 3

It can be done.

Press the DVR BUTTON on your remote.  Go to VIEW SCHEDULE.  Select the show you want to extend and press OK on the remote.  In the window that comes up is MODIFY START & END TIME.  Select and you will be able to start the recording early (in preset increments of 5, 10, 15, 30, etc.).  There is also an option for ending later with the same incremental choices (up to 2 hours).  Keep in mind that you can create conflicts if you have one show ending (for example) at 10:00 PM and another starting at 10:00 PM by extending the first show (assuming both tuners in the DVR are in use).

Not as easy as a single choice when setting u p the recording, but it soes work.  Hope that helps.

in10sity

Got it, thanks!

0 Likes
westsider

I've tried this and when I go to DVR-> View Schedule... and click on the show (in this case sporting event) the only option is to cancel the recording.  I even just broke down and dealt with telephone support and they technician said no way.

This is inconvenient!

If some users can do this Im guessing their equipment it different.  Not sure.

Any advice would be helpful.  I really liked this function when I had direct TV

Thanks

0 Likes