Why no NHL Network?
Mark_G
I have the Verizon Essentials program and I purchased the NHL Center Ice package.  When I had Dish Network and bought the Center Ice package the NHL Network came with it.  If I'm paying $160 or whatever it is for Center Ice, why can't they include the NHL Network?
0 Likes
Re: Why no NHL Network?
jamieva
Contributor - Level 1
Probably have to upgrade to Extreme HD to get it.
0 Likes
Mark_G
Didn't have the HD package with Dish.  Could it be that Verizon is just trying to gouge money from people?  Every HD channel also has a non HD equivalent, why can't I get that?
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@Mark_G wrote:
Didn't have the HD package with Dish.  Could it be that Verizon is just trying to gouge money from people?  Every HD channel also has a non HD equivalent, why can't I get that?

I do not think that thay are trying to squeeze or "gouge" more money out of anyone. NHL is part of the sports package prior to HD Extreme that package was an extra charge. So if you get HD Extreme there are also a few other channels that are not included in the Essentials package. If you consider that you get Sports and so much more, then I would say the extra few dollars a month is worth it. So that is just me.

I do not remember what the Sports package cost. But I think it was about $7-$10 or something like that. So why not just get HD Extreme for the same cost.

Message Edited by prisaz on 04-18-2009 08:48 PM
0 Likes
Re: Why no NHL Network? (so-called Sports Package)
nuttyirishman
Enthusiast - Level 2
When I signed up for the triple bundle with a door-to-door salesman, I specifically told him I wanted GOLTV and GOLFHD, and he assured me they were part of the HD Extreme package and NOT an extra charge.        Well I get my 1st bill, and I am charged 7.99 for this so-called sports package.   I was on the phone with customer "service" (ha) for 30 minutes, and got no satisfaction from them. I was told since I live in South Jersey that I had to PAY for these stations, but folks in North Jersey didn't!  This was NEVER mentioned by the sales rep, AND if you look on the verizon website under PLANS, you will NOT find a "sports package" anywhere.  This proves to me that these 14 channles ARE part of the extreme HD package which I payed for, and not an additional charge.   What gives??
0 Likes