Why not a default purchase PIN? - My neighbor's child accidently purchases movies
ghanashyaml

I read this  - "My 2 year old accidently ordered NBA league pass while playing with the remote" posted 2.5 yrs back. Now, I find that this has happened to me too. My neighbors child accidently purchased 3 cartoon movies on our FIOS and I came to know of it after I saw the bill. As usual, the customer support says its done with your remote, so cannot do anything.

Looks like it works good for Verizon for good amount of revenue by keeping FIOS open for purchases even by 2 yr olds.

And it does not want to keep a default PIN even for purchases, make children buy automatically without knowing what they are doing, and their parents paying up, since they have accepted the terms and conditions...

Atleast the person who comes to install shoukd make us aware of the default purchase options and that it is all open??

Has anybody put up a complaint about this? or can nobody take this up? maybe because of acceptance of terms?

0 Likes
Re: Why not a default purchase PIN? - My neighbor's child accidently purchases movies
justdigi
Contributor - Level 1

Wow, I can't beleive they won't offer you a refund....

Back when I had cable, I had 2 STBs hooked up to my TV:  An HD box, and an SD DVR (they didn't have an HD DVR at the time).  I accidently left the DVR on, and was watching stuff on the HD box.  Somehow I accidentally ordered a movie on the DVR, and didn't even know it.

I called the cable company and they were more than happy to take the charge off.

0 Likes
Re: Why not a default purchase PIN? - My neighbor's child accidently purchases movies
tns
Master - Level 2

If it doesn't want to keep a pin, then something is wrong with the box.  Contact Verizon.

Verizon is sometimes willing to refund purchases made by mistake.  Especially if they movie was not viewed, less so if the show was actually completely viewed.

0 Likes