Won't pair to my TV
sportsguy01
Enthusiast - Level 2

Fios one remote won't program to my 2 year old samsung tv. Do I need to buy a new tv every year

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Won't pair to my TV
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

Check the TV menu and see if CEC (Anynet) is enabled. Also remember to point the remote at the TV, that is still IR from the remote.

View solution in original post

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP
  • After you've paired your Fios TV Voice Remote to your set top box, HDMI connected TVs and Audio systems should automatically be detected and be controlled by your Fios TV Voice Remote.

In some cases, you may have to manually enter your specific TV and Audio equipment information. Follow these instructions to do so:

1. Go to Menu > Settings > Voice control > Fios TV Voice Remote > Program Voice Remote > Manual Setup > Press ‘ok’ to Select
    2. Select your TV or Receiver Brand and Model and follow the steps
    3. You will get a ‘success’ message in the upper right of the screen when the setup is complete.
    4. Try this.
sportsguy01
Enthusiast - Level 2

tried it and it doesn't work.  Just got  it about 3 weeks ago and  finally got around to setting up every tv.  For some reason it will not pair to this one tv.  Could be a faulty remote, and I don't want to pay to buy a new remote. 

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

Check the TV menu and see if CEC (Anynet) is enabled. Also remember to point the remote at the TV, that is still IR from the remote.