Wow! Verizon just lost ALL credibility with me!
BttyBoop1

First of all, I have called in NUMEROUS times over the last year plus & asked about why my Mac can't play videos that I purchased from Verizon.  Either A - they have the STUPIDEST tech support people working for them or B - they have been told to not acknowledge an issue & even deceive.  I am guessing B.  I spent over 8 hours on the phone on Friday, being transferred from tech support person to tech support before they tried telling me my issue was caused by my Mac computer not allowing a plug-in to run.

First of all, I have called in NUMEROUS times over the last year plus & asked about why my Mac can't play videos that I purchased from Verizon.  Either A - they have the STUPIDEST tech support people working for them or B - they have been told to not acknowledge an issue & even deceive.  I am guessing B.  I spent over 8 hours on the phone on Friday, being transferred from tech support person to tech support before they tried telling me my issue was caused by my Mac computer not allowing a plug-in to run.

No one at Verizon could figure out the problem until I got so frustrated, I googled Silverlight plug-in.  Then they "figure out" that it is Apple's fault.  I surprised them by asking for a conference call with Apple because I am tired of finger pointing.  Been there, done that before with Verizon.  Supposedly, he called Apple, but when he came back to the line, he said she knew exactly what the problem was, but funny.  He wasn't

calling Apple back for me.  So it is Apple's fault.

I got off the phone & called Apple.  I was on the phone a lot less time & not once did they transfer me & guess what?  They told me what the problem was.  We got Verizon on the phone.  "Oooh!"  I spent over 8 hours on the phone trying to resolve this issue with the bulk of the time being with Verizon.  I come on here tonight & find out that Microsoft stopped supporting this plug-in in 2011.  The Silverlight plug-in issue is all over this forum, but Verizon's tech support couldn't figure it out???  I am not buying it!

Wow!  I have been a loyal & faithful customer of both Fios & wireless.  I pay extra money for the tech sure program.  Call it "tech don't!"  Is this what they mean when they say progress?  I wouldn't be as mad if someone would have just said it isn't supported anymore.  Instead, I have been told lies for months & on a wild goose chase on Friday for over 8 hours.  Absolutely RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I have had issues before but gave them the benefit of the doubt.  No longer!

0 Likes
Re: Wow! Verizon just lost ALL credibility with me!
jonjones1
Legend

Sorry your post is too long to break down.

first you are using a Apple macintosh using something made for Windows operating systems. Customer should not expect interoperability running an Apple.

its true Microsoft stopped supporting silver light it was crappy to begin with. Now I believe Apple has its own viewer for their systems.  iTunes 

however I cannot say for certain if Verizon Fios is compatible with apples iTunes.

additionally there are other paid or free programs a person may use to view media.

i would do a google search. 

Something else to ponder, why would it surprise you to hear from Microsoft or Apple Inc. blame Verizon and then have Verizon blame them? It’s deflection. Many providers do it. You are paying for a connection to a providers network. The providers are not responsible to tech support devices and programs not of their own.

0 Likes
BttyBoop1

They used to have a computer icon instead of a tablet meaning it was something they used.  Every other company that used Silverlight resolved the issue in advance.  Just because other companies do something doesn't make it good business-sense if you want LOYAL customers.  Lying doesn't keep loyal, happy customers.  And...if you are going to use a plug-in on your website, why wouldn't you make sure that both Windows & Mac users can use it.  It isn't like Mac users are few & far between.  But...as you suggest, Apple will get my $$$ instead of Verizon in the future.  🙂

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

The problem is companies don’t look at all operating systems and many different platforms are to expensive to maintain. In Microsoft’s case they had a product that at one time functioned properly. Then the technology changed. It happens all the time.

there are plenty of software companies selling movie and video and music and photo players to work on all platforms. It’s big business. 

0 Likes