app remote dvr recording
Florentinii

I'm trying to set up a future recording of a show using my smartphone and a Fios app, so it records on my DVR. I have downloaded both MY Fios and Fios TV apps but cannot find where on those apps the record function is. I can go to schedule and search but I do not see where RECORD is.

The set top box is a Motorola QIP7232 2.

I assume it's right in front of me, but it's not appearing. In a previous version of the Fios app, it was right there and easy.

Thanks for helping me locate it.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: app remote dvr recording
Bigtracks
Enthusiast - Level 3

Using the Fios TV app, select GUIDE at the bottom of the screen, then choose the show you want to record off the grid.  At the bottom of the screen there is a Record button.  Then go to "My Stuff" to see what is recorded and scheduled to record.

View solution in original post

Bigtracks
Enthusiast - Level 3

Using the Fios TV app, select GUIDE at the bottom of the screen, then choose the show you want to record off the grid.  At the bottom of the screen there is a Record button.  Then go to "My Stuff" to see what is recorded and scheduled to record.

Florentinii

Thanks. Yes, that works if you can find it on the Guide. But if one searches for a show like Homeland, no record option appears. When I called Verizon, I was told I need an upgraded DVR unit, which of course, costs more money.

0 Likes
Bigtracks
Enthusiast - Level 3

You are right, but Homeland is a series. Click on the series And select an episode. There will be options to record that episode or the entire remainder of the series. 

0 Likes