audit and video not in sync
Lurker316

I just moved into a new home pre-wire for Fios and subscribed to the service.  The audio and video are not sycned.  

I don't believe the TV is the fault.  It's a couple of years old and never experienced this issue before.  The only thing that changed (and this change coincided 100% with the commencement of the syncing problem) is that the TV is now connected to Fios rather than Comcast.

I chatted with Fios customer support.  They remotely rebooted my box.  That mostly fixed the problem, but only it came back. 

Has anyone else experienced this problem?  What could cause it?  A faulty set top box?  Or the wiring (either the line coming into my home or the lines within my home)?

I asked Verizon if I can swap out the set top box for a new one with the hope that it will resolve the issue.  They said yes, but I'm not confident it will work.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: audit and video not in sync
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Reboot the TV too and check to see if auto sync is enabled on TV. If you're still having problems,  go to the Fios box, push the power button to turn it off then quickly hit OK 2X on the remote. You should see a B&W menu. Hit the Left arrow, then scroll down to user, hit OK. Arrow down to additional HDMI settings,  hit OK. You'll see audio delay, its probably on auto. Change it to 150, hit ok. Turn box off, then back on, see if it's better. If audio is still ahead of video you need to make the value bigger, if its behind, smaller.

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Reboot the TV too and check to see if auto sync is enabled on TV. If you're still having problems,  go to the Fios box, push the power button to turn it off then quickly hit OK 2X on the remote. You should see a B&W menu. Hit the Left arrow, then scroll down to user, hit OK. Arrow down to additional HDMI settings,  hit OK. You'll see audio delay, its probably on auto. Change it to 150, hit ok. Turn box off, then back on, see if it's better. If audio is still ahead of video you need to make the value bigger, if its behind, smaller.

McKodiak1

Well that solution works if the audio is ahead of the video. What do you do if the audio is behind the video?

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Go to the same menu and turn audio sync to off. Also check your TV by trying game mode. If game mode fixes the problem, you have some video processing enabled in the TV that is causing the video delay. You could also try sending the TV audio through optical cable instead of HDMI.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sorry, my bad. If audio is BEHIND video, there is an audio processing problem. Sometimes soundbars, receivers, or TVs  do spatial processing for audio that can introduce a delay. Sometimes it's the implementation of Dolby decoding that creates the delay. Yo u have to look for any audio processing that is being done in all connected devices and try disabling it. Also try going into the Service menu in the Fios box and change the audio to LPCM.

0 Likes
B-ONE

I have tried every solution listed and other things as well. The problem returns every time. It might take a few minutes, hours, or days - but the problem always comes back. I believe its a glitch in the box and Verizon won’t admit it due to the cost of the real fix. I never had this problem with Xfinity and I’m about to go back to them. HELP. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes