dvr models
shymedq1
Enthusiast - Level 3
how come phone or online you arent able to pick youre own model for a dvr?
0 Likes
Re: dvr models
prisaz
Legend

@shymedq wrote:
how come phone or online you arent able to pick youre own model for a dvr?

Good question. You never could. It was always what ever the tech had on the truck. But they did start allowing upgrades for a one time payment of $40. I do not believe the QIP6xxx are being offered anymore. But if you could pick what you wanted, everyone would pick the newer models and stock would be depleted. The way it is eveyone gets a fair chance at what is available. Unless you are willing to pay the extra $40 for the QIP-7260-P2 with the 500gb storage. Now the newer boxes 7160 and above support external storage.

0 Likes
shymedq1
Enthusiast - Level 3
how do I do that without the need for going to a store since none in my area allow fios trades? Thats the model I want.
0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

you can order it online by going to www.verizon.com/fiostvcentral (don't click sign in at the top but scroll down just a little bit and hit sign in) 

after you sign in you will see the following advertisement on the right hand side for it.   

prisaz
Legend

Hubrisnxs 

You answer the questions to my responses faster than I can.Smiley Embarassed

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I type like a hummingbird on crack!

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Bad crack. My response was at 06-08-2012 03:35 PM - last edited on 06-08-2012 03:38 PM.

Yours was at 05:05 PM. I think your dealer is ripping you off. hahaha

You did provide a good concise answer that pointed the user right where they needed to go You did get my kudos.Smiley Wink

shymedq1
Enthusiast - Level 3
when I click on the banner to upgrade I get a error saying to call the office and another issue is that I get error saying no current dvr on records
0 Likes
shymedq1
Enthusiast - Level 3
what model is the multiroom one that what phone support sent me
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@shymedq wrote:
what model is the multiroom one that what phone support sent me

All the DVRs support the Multi Room DVR feature. It must only be enabled on your account for use.. It allows you to view and schedule content from other non DVR HD STBs in your home. If you do not need the MRDVR feature you can have it turned off and avoid about $5, but if you have other STBs, the Feature Turned on pays for itself based on the number of STBs you have.

https://www22.verizon.com/FORYOURHOME/GOFLOW/Common/VbundleENYD.aspx

Click on Details below each device type and it will dispay the individual cost for each type. But as shown on the link above, if you have more than one you can bundle and save. But to get the savings with the DVR it must be the MRDVR.

http://www22.verizon.com/home/fiostv/#equipment

On this page it will list the various types available. You are not likely to get the QIP-6xxx series box. I believe they are trying to phase them out.

http://www22.verizon.com/Support/Residential/tv/fiostv/receivers/equipment+issues/top+questions.htm 

0 Likes