equipment trouble
cordelia99
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ever since i signed up for the expensive fios quantium pgoinnackage the  main reciever lags and freezes up and now the boxes in the bedrooms arent even working now  what can u do to help me out i dont want to continue paying 248$ month for this kind of services also the battery for the main box thats attached to the wall is beeping bc its going out when i called u claim i have to pay 46$ for a new battery to be shipped which i havent recd yet??

0 Likes
Re: equipment trouble
cordelia99
Enthusiast - Level 1

fios quantium package  sorry my tablet has spelling trouble 🙂

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Couple of comments:

1) This is mainly a user supported board, so don't expect much of a response from Verizon.

2) Have you contacted support for your IPC issues? I assume you have tried rebooting everything? Power it all down. Then power up router first, then VMS, Once itis up then IPCs.

3) Battery is only needed for phone service backup. You can remove to stop the beeping but would have no backup if you lose power. Can also purchase your own instead of through Verizon (and typically cheaper),

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

The 2 important items in Quantum are the Quantum server and the router. Make sure the connections from the ONT to these devices are tight. The splitters should be Moca 2.0 splitters that say Verizon on them. Unplug all devices in the house Plug the power back in for the router and wait for it to connect. You can plug the Quantum server back in now and wait for it to connect. The clients communicate over the coax using Moca 2.0 to the server so make sure those connections are tight and they are using the proper splitters. Plug them in one at a time and wait for them to come back on. Check to see if everything works. If it does not work you will need a tech to come out and check where the problem is.

0 Likes