game show network
rmjsym
Enthusiast - Level 1

See that Verizon is taking Game Show Network off of FIOS TV Ultimate TV at the end of January 2018.  How do we get it back?

Re: game show network
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I thought the message said that it was being removed from all but Ultimate package.  At least that is what I see on the thread at DSLREPORTS.  Being Frontier I cannot check.

silverado4x4
Contributor - Level 2

Don't worry about it, Verizon keeps taking away channels by the end of 2018 we will only have our local channels to watch. They keep taking and taking but never give us anything to replace the channels removed. They keep saying the content provider is making this change and I call **bleep** its Verizon not wanting to pay for the channels but they don't have a problem taking our monthly payment to fatten up the executives pockets.

Re: game show network and other removed channels
airglow
Enthusiast - Level 1

Next time if we renew our Verizon Fios services, I want in writing that the channels that I am supposed to get with my package remain with my package until the end of the contract (except if a particular program itself and not Verizon chooses to do so).  Since we reupped in May 2017, we have lost Hallmark Murders and Mysteries, now El Rey and now The game Show Network from our extreme package?!  The stuck us with The Cowboy channel.  I believe that the Ultimate package which is more money is the stategy Verizon is using by dropping specific channels from lesser amount packages. 

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon, nor any of the other cable providers, will supply that.

What happens if the content provider ends programming?

Or the content provider wants to double their rate? Keep in mind you have a fixed price, but their costs are constantly changing.

KTrain31
Enthusiast - Level 1

Both my mom and I have called Verizon to inquire about this change and the agents tell us they're unaware of it.  Last night someone said that it was the content provider going away - just find that hard to believe and there's nothing on the GSN site to indicate that.  

Totally agree with the person who said that all Verizon does is take away.  I'm currently off contract, waiting to see what happens before I re-enroll in any package.  Still waiting to get the Weather Channel back.  Accuweather is a total joke.

REMOVAL OF GSN FROM EXTREME PACKAGE
GSNFREAK2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I read my current bill for my FIOS triple play.  it says that GSN will be removed from the extreme and other packages.  I called and was told that i could upgrade to the ultimate packege for more money, of course,.  more channals i never watch, or take certain custom packages.  the custom packages would make me lose other favorite channals.  I am in the middle of a 2 year contract.  I was told they can do anything they want.  i called the public service commission, but don't get involved with channal lineup issues.

we need to stand up against Verizon's greed.

Icamp11236
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree with you. I had to read it twice. I am outraged as this is not a channel that is not being viewed by customers, it's pretty popular with Family Feud, Cash Cab and the other great programming. I am seriously considering switching to another provider. 

Icamp11236
Enthusiast - Level 2

I understand your point, but I don't agree. When I signed up, I made that decision based on a few things one being the channels and of course cost. I was in a contract and the cost sky rocketed up $30, not to mention the substandard internet which even if I'm in the same room can be spotty. I even bought the Wi-Fi extender to help which it didn't. As for the TV, yes if the provider stops programming we have no control. If they want a double then the customers should be aware and be provided with the alternative perhaps paying a few dollars to retain it. The answer can't be you want GSN upgrade to ultimate, many of us are paying an astronomical amount per month. At this point it feels like we're not being valued as customers.

Verizon Fios TV taking GSN off Extreme after you sign up for two year agreement. Can they get away w
baitnswitch5
Enthusiast - Level 1

How can Verizon get  away with taking the GSN off of the Extreme  plan, two months after you sign up for  their two year agreement.