green screen on hdmi
jakepro

toshiba 40rv525u on hdmi setting sreen goes green in about 1 minute

0 Likes
Re: green screen on hdmi
scotia

I too have the same problem!  I did some research on the web about this and it seems the STB ( Moto) does not interface with the HD tv.  I called Verizon and they said that Motorola is supposedly working on the problem, but I doubt it.  This is a common occurrence and it is frustrating in that I cancelled Dish Network where I had no problems to go to Verizon and this occurred.  Sort of took the excitement out of things.

I can use the TV with coax cables only and will wait and see if Motorola and Verizon sort this thing out but I am not optimistic

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@scotia wrote:

I can use the TV with coax cables only and will wait and see if Motorola and Verizon sort this thing out but I am not optimistic

Does the TV have component inputs (Red, Blue, Green RCA jacks)?  You can still get HD that way and many say they can't tell the difference between component and HDMI (YMMV).  If you need cables, Verizon should provide them or you can get inexpensive ones at monoprice.com.

0 Likes
scotia

Thanks,  I have already done that and you are right for the most part one cannot tell the difference at present, but I think as I add components to the system it will make a difference.  What is frustrating is that everything worked fine with my past provider.

0 Likes