hbo go still not working.
glamchic99

i still cannot access hbo go. i posted a message back in july 2011 regarding this, and after a few weeks of no resolution, i just left it alone. tried again, still cannot access. i contacted verizon 3 days ago and was told the issue would be escalated and would be fixed. still cannot access, i contacted verizon again, still with no resolution. i don't understand what the issue is. i can access max go just fine. i've tried on the hbo go website as well as going directly through verizon's site. it keeps telling me i'm not subscribed to hbo, but when i click the subscribe button, it tells me i'm already subscribed. i've tried logging on with my user name, my old vz email, and the new vz log in, with the same results. i've tried all 3 log in with verizons website and hbo's website. i'm getting really frustrated. no one can tell me what the issue is. and just to wait, but its been 5 months still with no resolution... i've found several posts from people with the same problem that are dated 2010, not sure why this issue is taking so long to resolve. i've also tried logging on through safari, google chrome, ad firefox. the issue appears to be with verizon.

0 Likes
Re: hbo go still not working.
Karl_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

Hi glamchic -- I sent you a private message to get more information about your trouble so I can help out.  Please get back to me when you're able.  Thanks!

0 Likes
glamchic99

ok. im getting really frustrated with this issue right now. i contacted verizon via live chat and was told the issue would be resolved in 24-48 hours on 12/14. i then contacted verizon again on 12/17 regarding this issue, and told them its been 72 hours, it sitll isnt resolved. i was told the back end department is working on it and to wait 24-48 hours. here i am again 48 hours later, and am being told that they are escalating this to the technical department and to give them 48 hours. i was told on 12/14 that this was being escalated to the technical dept and was told again on 12/17 that it was being escalated. what is the issue!! the system clearly shows i am subscribed to hbo, so why is it taking  over 5 days for this issue to be resolved. i notified verizon back in july 2011 that this was a problem, but didnt press the issue and f/u. i am getting extreamly aggrevated b/c the holidays are coming up and i would like to actually use a service that i currently am paying for.

0 Likes
glamchic99

okay, now i am really getting angry. after using the online chat and calling verizon who told me to reset my router and reboot my computer, i am being told that the ticket is the with oac department, and they were escalating my ticket and i will get a resolution in 24-48 hours. after telling them this is what i was told on 12/14 and again on 12/17, i was told that they haven't even looked into my issue yet. i don't understand why 5 days later, and after being told 3 times that my issue will be escalated why this still hasn't been fixed. i've figured out what the problem is, the issue is with verizon and the coding they use for my bundle, and hbo isn't able to recognize that i am a subscriber due to the coding verizon uses. i told this to the tech, but they still keep telling me to reset my router and roboot my computer. i literally had to argue with them for 10 minutes, to explain that i've tried accessing the system from my computer, my phone, and my work phone, and the issue isn't the computer or the internet connection.  she then wanted to perform a test my internet connection and then she wanted to send a service tech to my house. after having to explain to her that my internet works fine, and asking her what exactly are you sending a service tech to do? why is this taking so long to fix? i would really like answers, because as the days go on, i am becoming more aggrevated, especially since i've just wasted the last 3 hours of my life on the phone an live chat with "supervisors" who i don't even think know what hbo go is.

0 Likes
WillFarnaby

Were you able to find the solution to this problem?

I'm currently having the same issue. No matter how many times I change the password it doesn't solve the problem. I'm a new customer so maybe it has something to do with my package deal, but I cannot sign into HBOGo at all.

This is definitely an issue that needs to be solved though.

0 Likes
grw9271

Me three...never worked ever since release. Never want to call verizon support ever again...why can't this stuff just work!

0 Likes
tricklex

I am having the same issue. It worked fine for a long time, until my DVR died and I received a replacement.  At that time they offered a different package and bundled my Fios internet with my tv.  Ever since neither hbogo or maxgo work.  I get the same please subscribe to HBO or Cinemax over and over.

Completely unprofessional and unacceptable.  Shame on you Verizon for not having this tested 7 ways to Sunday.  I am sure there are a ton of paying subscribers that have this issue.

0 Likes
WillFarnaby

So I'm guessing Verizon either doesn't check their own boards or simply doesn't care enough to try to find a solution for multiple customers with the same issue?

0 Likes
Close1

its Jul '12 and IT STILL DOESN'T WORK...

for me.

It says to order HBO, when i have it....

0 Likes
Timmyshwagg
I'm having the same issue. This thread has posts over a year old has anybody found a solution? I can't believe that Verizon hasn't posted anything in this thread just asked for PMs. Do you have an FAQ link or other thread or anything? We tried contacting support at least 6 times now and haven't gotten an explanation why or anything.
0 Likes