highlighted channel in guide does not match what I am watching
smithtownmike

If I am watching (for example) channel 358, then I press Guide, the Guide is displayed, but channel 357 is highlighted.  On some TVs in my home, channel 356 would be highlighted.  On some, the correct channel (358) is highlighted.  I have tried multiple setting variations, but can't hit the right one.  Anyone have any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: highlighted channel in guide does not match what I am watching
matcarl
Master - Level 1

Is this in Favorites channel mode or regular full guide mode? That problem is known for Favorites setting, hopefully to be fixed soon. 

0 Likes
Re: highlighted channel in guide does not match what I am watching
UnnDunn
Contributor - Level 3

Note that if you have a Favorites list activated and you are tuned to a channel that is not on the favorites list, pressing the Guide button will show the guide with the nearest adjacent channel that is on the favorites list.

So if you have a favorites list activated with channels 901, 902 and 907 on it, and you are watching channel 899, pressing the Guide button will show the guide with channel 901 selected, even though that was not the channel you were watching.

This is by design and is not a bug.

Be aware of the Mode selection. The Mode selection controls which channels are shown in the Guide, and which channels you can scroll up and down through when using the CH+/CH- buttons. The Mode selections for the Guides and the Channel-change buttons are independent of each other. You can see the current Mode selection by looking at the bottom right corner of the Info bar and any Guide screen.

0 Likes