loud static and snowy picture
bharagana
A couple of weeks ago, after having FIOS TV for nearly one year, my TV suddenly developed loud static and a snowy picture.  My TV is an ancient 20-year old Quasar, so I first suspected it as the source of the problem.  I finally phoned customer service and the techie had me fool around with the cable hook-ups --- my STB is actually connected to my DVD player.  Eureka -- problem solved.  Well, not permanently.  It is happening again and the FIOS techies are adamant that the solution is my DVD player.  But, no, I turn it on and off and nothing improves.  Does anyone on this forum have any suggestions?
0 Likes
Re: loud static and snowy picture
Keyboards
Master - Level 3
We would need more detail on how the STB and DVD player are hooked up to your TV before commenting.  Too many possible connection methods without more data (like Number 5 in the movie Short Circuit said "Need  Eeenput"  Smiley Tongue ).
0 Likes
bharagana

OK---well, the white cable is connected to the DVD player and the black cable leads to the hole in the wall.

Here's the mystery for me.  Why does this situation come and go?  If it were constant, then I would understand and could correc it (I hope).  But something sets off that STB.

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3
OK - the black cable is the coax to the splitter from the ONT, but I have no idea what the white cable is and where it is from and where it is connected to the DVD player.  Also there is no indication as to how the signal gets to the TV.  How about some names of connections like video out, To TV/VCR, etc.  Also what type of connector - RCA, "F" (threaded) ans a full connection list (including the TV).
0 Likes